Marth's Anime Blog

Cheating Craft Episode 3: That was kind of a pitiful attempt at a romcom

Yeah, I guess this series is just content with being ridiculous. To be fair, it could still be entertaining to watch, but I just...wanted it to be so much more about the cheating.

I think the main problem with this series so far is that we have our main character Mumei, but I feel like I haven't been given any reason yet to care that he's the main character. His quest to save his father feels like a side quest up to this point...shouldn't that be more important? This episode made it worse by having him fawn over another character for the entire length...

The three other scientists watching this episode either got a chuckle out of this scene or raged at how implausible it is. I just facepalmed...

Someone actually thought putting "-moth" at the end of everything this guy said was a good idea? This isn't even a translation quirk...it's the actual script.

This show actually wants me to believe that these red cubicle things are enough to stop you from being frozen? Anyone who has ever sat at one of those covered bus stops in the winter should know this doesn't work.

Kou in this entire sequence was actually pretty funny. For everything else...I tried to not to pay too much attention.

I wasn't paying attention last week, but is this guy's theme song actually a variation of Flight of the Bumblebees? That's...not bad, honestly.

First off, I recall a giant red wall in front of you that should have prevented you from watching her take the test. Secondly...is it bad that I really want her to be a C-type?

Uhh...I don't think you should be telling him your plan, buddy.

I mean...I guess this clears her, but the teacher was obviously taking her side before, so can we really trust her to grade the test?

• Nightsworn

Oct. 20, 2016, 4:49 p.m.

I was sitting there hoping she was a C-type too. Would have made it much more interesting D:

No wonder this guy needs to be a C-type though... if he constantly needs reminding of his goal, there's no way he'd be able to pass the tests... :L

Oct. 20, 2016, 4:57 p.m.

she could still be!! doesn't she look so evil? D:

but he's an honorable L-type, right? *shifts gaze*

Nightsworn

Oct. 20, 2016, 5:05 p.m.

Yeah, I did consider that the picture is all part of an elaborate strategy to trick the guy in the long run. And yeah, that teacher marked that too quickly - definitely suspicious.

After everything in the episode, that was the bit that made me facepalm lol.

Oct. 20, 2016, 5:28 p.m.

honestly, it would make the show so much better T_T

not the thermometer? D:

Nightsworn

Oct. 20, 2016, 6:28 p.m.

Hey, at least they didn't put something really stupid like -9000 °C... :D

• Karandi

Oct. 21, 2016, 12:53 a.m.

None of this made sense and it just felt a little bit ridiculous. That said, it's not like it's bad to watch. And it is delivering exactly what the sticker on the label declared so none of us can claim it isn't a story about kids cheating in exams.
    I want to know why Mumei (or whatever his name is) bothered to involve himself in someone else's crisis (other than cute girl syndrome). If he was actually serious about getting through school and getting to a position where he could save his father surely he should just go 'Yes, one less rival' and call it a day.

Oct. 21, 2016, 6:10 a.m.

i get the feeling she's just going to be the random extra ally based on how she appears in the ending theme