Marth's Anime Blog

Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 3: Tank warfare was different back then

I really can't complain...the action in this episode was cool to watch. Izetta's insanely overpowered for this war.

Still, this is where things get interesting. There's no way Izetta remains in favor forever, so the true test is how they balance her out in the war. Curious to see how things go from here.

Casual bird says "what's going on here, guys?"

I don't know anything about military tactics, but is it really common for there to be a guy crouching behind cover with a periscope while another guy is just standing out there with binoculars? What is the first guy really accomplishing?

Why is Fine acting like Izetta just offered to fly out into the middle of the Germanian army and exterminate them singlehandedly? Is her country's army just dead weight?

Pfft...I've played Civilizations. You need to use an infantry unit to capture a city. Everyone knows that!

You like tanks? Boy do I have the episode for you...

Is this guy actually a major character? Because he seems pretty important and immune to death right now.

These guys are doing surprisingly well without Izetta so far, right?

Hahaha! I noticed the tree coming closer and it was still funny.

One thing I have ask about Izetta's lance warfare: was focusing on Izetta at all useful in that fight? I felt like you could have just watched the lances the whole time and missed nothing.

I need a steed!

Watching these guys get beaten down with medieval swords is pretty sweet. The music in the background is also pretty sweet. The voice trying to sing along with the music...not so much.

Please tell me this kid wasn't put in this episode just to start this song...

• Flow

Oct. 17, 2016, 7:33 p.m.

He was Marth.. he's the culprit of the song that I didn't understand..
    But hey, at least Izetta wasn't able to cut through the tanks with the butter knives

Oct. 17, 2016, 7:56 p.m.

...but you're german D:

that would have been crazy! like magic!

• weekendotaku

Oct. 17, 2016, 8:41 p.m.

This episode was amazing. It had exactly what I was hoping for when I first learned about the series. Now, MORE TANKS.

Oct. 17, 2016, 9:46 p.m.

not gonna lie...tanks are pretty cool

• SayuriUliana

Oct. 18, 2016, 5:22 a.m.

Pretty sure the deal with the periscope is that he's looking at a different location than the other guy with the binoculars, and that the periscope is the only other observation device they have. Also, it's likely that the periscope also serves as a rangefinder for artillery plotting.

Oct. 18, 2016, 6:22 a.m.

that's probably fair, but it still felt weird...plus, they were looking in the same direction. i get having another set of eyes, though

• Karandi

Oct. 18, 2016, 6:19 a.m.

Glasses kid really did seem immune to death for a large part of the episode. Despite that, I didn't catchi his name and I'm really wondering if we heard it.

If I'm honest, I was in a rush when I watched this episode and when they started singing I skipped along until they were done. Probably not the impact they intended but I wasn't really in the mood.

Oct. 18, 2016, 6:21 a.m.

even if we did, i was never going to remember it

it wasnt exactly the most inspiring song for me...

• Little anime blog

Oct. 19, 2016, 1:06 p.m.

I agree, this is where things have gotten interesting and, for me, the point I'm starting to envy the show.

Oct. 19, 2016, 1:13 p.m.

yeah, im really hoping this show stays cool