Marth's Anime Blog

Rewrite Final Episode (13): Well, let's try again in the second season

I was wondering how they were going to end a season that looked like it was reaching a resolution after the announcement of the second season...I don't think this crossed my mind.

I guess the moral of the story is "it's okay not to kill Kagari, Kotarou...we didn't need that world anyway". So...uhh...how was watching everyone in the cast die?

Anyone else think it would be more interesting to watch this stuff rather than the monologue that Kotarou is giving?

Whoa whoa whoa...how many steps are we skipping here?

Uhh...that flashback with Sakuya was supposed to be a hint at what this thing is, right? Why do I feel like I still have no clue? I can't tell whether this is actually Sakuya or it's someone who's used the rewrite power too much...or both.

See...this is the part where the Sakuya flashback actually makes sense.

So...Kotarou used to be a secret member of Guardian? Or a test subject like Lucia?

Given her trajectory, there's no way that Shizuru would be able to fall in the square window below her- oh, why do I bother?

Big surprise there.

Wait, they're actually useful?

Did they just die or something?

What am I watching right now?

...

Bad end?

Final Score: 6 out of 10 (maybe more like 5.5?)

• Nightsworn

Sept. 25, 2016, 6:59 p.m.

It is both Sakuya and someone who used the Rewrite power too much. *whispers "Read the VN... it's much better..."*

The ending raised the score a little for me D: Add that to my Rewrite fanboy mode and the score I gave it on MAL is probably way too generous. Yours is much closer to what it deserves lol.

That said... season 2 hype? :D

Sept. 25, 2016, 9:58 p.m.

*shifts gaze* uhh...but there's another season. i couldnt possibly read the VN before watching that, right?? *and then i can just skip the second season and be free*

...i had issues with scoring on this one...too low and the VNers would rip me apart D:

Engi

Sept. 26, 2016, 8:57 a.m.

Not really many VN readers would praise you especially those in MAL who continue to attack those that enjoy this.

As a VN readers myself though, I enjoy this season though I find the ending rather ironic and cruel for the girls. It would have been far better with more episodes but I will take what I can get.

Sept. 26, 2016, 9:09 a.m.

haha that's true. ive seen a lot of VN readers tearing into the anime. still, i wouldnt be surprised if there were plenty that enjoyed the VN so much that they'd still praise the show.

that's interesting. does the ending have some sort of special meaning from the perspective of a VN reader? i mean, i appreciate it being a resolution, but i didnt read too much into it. (though part of me wonders if it's the studio's way of saying "well, that didnt work...let's try again")

Nightsworn

Sept. 26, 2016, 3:28 p.m.

Yeah, I'm guilty of praising the anime just because of how much I enjoyed the VN. I had a great time watching most of it... it was just episodes 5-7 that put me off a bit... I gave it an 8/10 despite it deserving a 6 at best because a lot of the things I carried over from having read the VN made me enjoy it more than I otherwise would have.

Sept. 26, 2016, 3:59 p.m.

D: you've got a second chance when the next season comes?

Nightsworn

Sept. 26, 2016, 4:19 p.m.

I think the second season might be a lot better. Looks like it will adapt the Moon and Terra routes from the VN. Plus, with 8-bit's VN adaptation track record... (they'll probably do a 1 hour special for most of Moon, then finish Moon in the first two episodes of the anime called "Rewrite: Terra" or something...)

Engi

Sept. 26, 2016, 4:50 p.m.

Kotori gets answers to her doubts, Chiyaha gets to protect and carried her knight all with her ordinary self, Akane beaks out of her craziness. Lucia and Shizuru get to fight for their friends.
    (Shizuru overusing her drugs in the process) In a way they achieved some of what they had always wanted in their last moments.

This ending perfectly fit with the world of rewrite btw, similar events have happened in the VN in case you are still wondering.

• Schrodingers Cat

Sept. 26, 2016, 1:01 p.m.

lol I gave it a 6/10 too :D

boob grab almost saved the world!

there's an awesome bit in Moon with Yoshino and his gang, but I'm not sure they'll show that bit D:

There's quite a lot of backstory and stuff that would really change your perspective of the show... just read the VN to be safe :D

Sept. 26, 2016, 1:36 p.m.

D:

didnt it kinda screw the world?

nooooooooo!

...nah, i think im done with this one :D

Schrodingers Cat

Sept. 27, 2016, 12:53 a.m.

no! it almost saved it! believe!

nooooooooo!