Marth's Anime Blog

Taboo Tattoo Episode 5: New allies?

This episode was a bit of a mess, but let's start with the positives. The princess introduced in this episode seems initially ambiguous enough of a character that she's at least interesting. Hopefully, she continues as such rather than turning into some generic villain. That being said, the sequences and pacing of this episode were far too random. I felt like many of the scenes were happening too abruptly, and as I'll expand upon later, one of the scenes felt like it went so quickly that it skipped something.

Is there any particular reason this sword has a "booming" sound effect when it gets swung? Because it's actually starting to bother me.

Instead of just telling Justice how to beat her, Tom wastes his time saying this line, which prompts Justice you ask him if he's serious. Sigh...

I suppose Touko was just staring at a tree earlier? I mean, this aspect of her power makes sense, but I don't understand why Touko wasn't watching Justice when he dodged the first strike.

Did the animators show us the very last second of Justice's fall to the ground just so they could do this "blood spattering" animation? Come on, guys.

Oh great...the power can talk. Let me guess...it's Zangetsu? Wrong show?

I feel like we skip a frame here somewhere. Schrodinger's Cat drops through the ground into the void Justice creates and then Justice jumps in after her and Touko. However, the very next frame shows Schrodinger's Cat randomly above Justice attacking downwards at him for some reason.

I'm really surprised this frame didn't last longer. I almost missed it.

I'm facepalming so hard right now. Please...just stop...

Haha seriously? That's the name you go with? I mean, I like fried chicken as much as the next guy, but...

I...what...huh?

I literally have no words right now.

...well, I can't get upset about this. At least someone calls Justice out.

• Flow

Aug. 3, 2016, 4:48 p.m.

ZANGETSU! BANKAI! WHOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Oh wait.. wrong show I guess.. Bleach didn't deliver some fast paced action iirc.

Well, it was going from story to comedy.. it's fine isn't it? I mean.. BANK- oh, wrong show again.
    The princess is interesting. I really hope she continues to be on the trolling side. Or that Justice-kun will throw away the justice thing.

Would you follow the USA here or the princess? :D

Aug. 3, 2016, 5:52 p.m.

*shifts gaze* i have no idea what you're talking about!

i dont really have a problem with the tone of the episode...it's more the direction and how the scenes are chosen and timed

uhh...depends. do we suspect that this is a post-2016 election USA?

Flow

Aug. 3, 2016, 6:05 p.m.

Don't lie. I know you know what I'm talking about! BANKAI!

Yeah, I can see what you mean. *nods*

Ehm... I think it looks quite... well.. ok.. your choices for the upcoming election are not that good either, huh? Just give me both answers! :D

Aug. 3, 2016, 6:16 p.m.

*whistles* lies!

woohoo!

ALWAYS SIDE WITH USA! USA USA USA USA USA!

Flow

Aug. 4, 2016, 12:31 p.m.

Sounds really dangerous. You should side with us!

Aug. 4, 2016, 12:36 p.m.

*conditioning kicks in* USA USA USA!

• Karandi

Aug. 6, 2016, 3:56 p.m.

This episode makes no sense from start to finish and they really aren't trying any more to pretend it will. My biggest issue (amongst all of the issues) with this episode is that Izzy's superiors find out that she's been hiding Justice and his apparently amazing tattoo and all they do is tell her to take responsibility and keep protecting it. Doesn't that undermine any tension or reason for Justice to have been hiding up until now given by episode 5 everyone knows who he is and what tattoo he has?

Aug. 6, 2016, 4:14 p.m.

yeah, im really annoyed they introduced the idea of hiding Justice in the first place...that had no business being here