Marth's Anime Blog

Taboo Tattoo Episode 4: The voids are getting bigger!

Eh...random comedy moments aren't all that bad. I'm frustrated about the importance Justice gets because of his tattoo, but what can you do? Presumably next week's episode is the one where he convinces everyone they can let him help in fights, right?

First off, I'm pretty sure this arm position would hurt. Secondly, I guess this scene is supposed to show us that Justice has been making good progress in his training?

Uhh...sure. I guess Justice is the chosen one.

Seriously? That's how you check for extra sensitivity? Why not check a part of the body that isn't normally sensitive? Well, I guess we needed a fanservice scene.

Didn't Izzy just lecture you about wasting blood? Why wouldn't you just put a few drops on your tattoo?

Am I nuts or is this way too much detail for blood?

So...what? We're just going to assume that the magic tattoo canceler won't wear off for a while? Because Justice could very easily have carried Izzy over to the battlefield, which we know isn't affected by the magic device, to see if Izzy recovers. Also, I guess we're just ignoring the fact that Justice isn't affected by the magic device. I guess we're just expected to infer "because he's the chosen one"?

How does Izzy survive the explosion? Does she get her powers back when they blow up the magic device? Because I was going to say something about that being a bad plan to kill her. Heck...they should have just shot her with the gun if that was going to happen.

I mean...looking at the picture of Izzy to embarrass her is fine, but what's with the "force of habit" line? Tom habitually searches cell phones for pictures?

Justice has already revealed his power to the cat girl, so is this really necessary? I mean...I get the feeling she hasn't ratted him out yet, but the main characters don't know that.

Well, this is pretty expected. I'm more offended by the fact that he didn't break his thumb to get out of the handcuffs. I'm pretty sure cutting your hand on the handcuffs does nothing to make them easier to remove. How do I know that? That's not important...

Haha, okay I laughed at this one.

Holy crap, this rabbit is magic.

• Nightsworn

July 27, 2016, 5:38 p.m.

Tbh, the comedy moments were the only thing I really enjoyed about this episode. The story is kinda boring atm - hoping it will pick up once this arc is done.

July 27, 2016, 6:39 p.m.

i dont really mind them and i legit thought the door scene was funny O.o but ive seen a lot of complaints. we'll see where this goes, i guess D:

Nightsworn

July 27, 2016, 6:45 p.m.

Yeah, I did laugh quite a lot at the door scene. And when Tom is on screen, I tend to enjoy it more.

I think my problem with this episode might have been not enough Izzy, actually... D: I don't really care much about Seigi and Touko yet, or the two villains.

July 27, 2016, 8:21 p.m.

but he's dead! D:

i dunno...im skeptical about watching her freak out about lisa...

• Flow

July 28, 2016, 3:15 p.m.

"I'm pretty cutting your hand on the handcuffs does nothing to make them
    easier to remove. How do I know that? That's not important..."
    I see.. *takes the phone to call someone*

• Karandi

July 29, 2016, 2:53 p.m.

They really aren't going for logic in this show. I also wondered why Justice didn't get Izzy out of there and why he wasn't effected. They really just skated straight over that and then just hoped we stopped asking. And the handcuff escape thing was ridiculous. There's no way that would actually help get his hand out. Broken bones, yes, a few cuts no. Unless they were already loose enough to slide out of.

July 29, 2016, 3:53 p.m.

I'm sure Justice has some special case from his super tattoo, but yeah...I have no idea why he didn't just grab Izzy. Would have saved her from having to jump out of the explosion. And with the handcuffs, I've watched enough spy series to know you're supposed to break your thumb. Well, hopefully we get some answers.