Marth's Anime Blog

Rewrite Episode 4: One down?

Am I nuts or did that episode escalate pretty quickly? I feel like Shizuru's story came out of nowhere. Are they just shuffling her to the sideline since they have to get through all six girls? I mean, the bit at the end of the episode made it look like they're going straight into the next girl.

They're talking about something right now, but I'm too busy laughing at the "Haroken!" spam.

Losing to Haroken spam? I'd be pissed too...

Crap...am I supposed to recognize this guy? I went through the stuff in last week's episode and he definitely wasn't at the ramen stand. He also didn't look like the guy who attacked Koutarou or the guy who saved him...unless he changed his hair (which is cheating). Who else am I missing?

Well, that's convenient. He and Koutarou are best friends!

...I can't disagree with this. Well played, series...well played.

You know schools have outlets, right? Heck, this cafe probably has an outlet you can borrow. Do you mean "conserve battery"? Because that's more believable.

Pfft...some fuzzy pictures? As if these would be enough to convince Akane or any self-respecting skeptic.

Woohoo! Friendship points! Or is that not what VNs are like?

The enemy is here! RUN! Man, this girl has the most random entrances. Also, am I supposed to be taking note of the way Kotori becomes the focus in this scene twice? Does she see, but pretend not to or was she just suspicious of how Koutarou was acting?

Severed synapses? I don't think that means what you think that means. Anyway, this power to mess with memory might explain what happened in last week's episode when Koutarou's hand wound disappeared. Perhaps Shizuru makes him forget about it? Still, no explanation for why Koutarou is able to remember Shizuru's name in this scene? Protagonist power!

No? I'm having trouble buying this story. I mean, maybe erasing memories of all events happening after Shizuru's birth might cause the parents to be happy, but it seems like the root of their problems was the incident with the monster attack. There's no reason to suspect that just erasing Shizuru would be enough to make them happy.

Oh, it's not just memory manipulation? Well, I guess "medicine" is kind of a broad term. Side note: the insert song playing in the background is pretty good.

I mean...I kinda agree with her here. Why is she being berated for being a clean freak? If she refuses to throw the ball back, shouldn't the guys come get the ball themselves? Also, I guess we know who's next...

• Nightsworn

July 24, 2016, 4:20 p.m.

Don't worry, we're not supposed to know Imamiya yet. I've written a bit about him on my post, but I still need to finish the voice acting part D:

*distracts Marth from Kotori in the Kagari scene*

The protagonist has superpowers too!

I think the VN hinted more that the problems with Shizuru's family were because they agreed to send her away for money, and they felt awful for that, and began blaming each other, which is why I thought it worked like it did. Maybe I'm wrong though... it was a while ago I read it. And there probably would be better ways. D:

Well, Lucia is... *is shot by the spoiler police*

July 24, 2016, 4:37 p.m.

D: but he's a character!

eh?...but it was suspicious!

...i know that?

well, i didnt get any of that at all O.o

i knew it!

Nightsworn

July 24, 2016, 4:43 p.m.

Yep! You should read the VN to find out more! :P

What was suspicious? Look, a tsuchinoko!

Maybe he has the power to store his memories in an alternate dimension and bring them back if they ever get erased? :D

Ah, alright. Guess the anime didn't do a good job of the scene then :( (or I read it wrong in the VN lol)

July 24, 2016, 5:17 p.m.

never!

*gets a fishing rod* ooohh

plot convenience!

you crazy VNers T_T

Nightsworn

July 24, 2016, 5:31 p.m.

But you're missing so much! D:

Woo! A strange creature! *reaches for Akane's oppai*

But he's... *dies before spoilers can be revealed*

July 24, 2016, 7:03 p.m.

that's what they want you to think!

D: cheat!

...works for me

• Schrodingers Cat

July 24, 2016, 5:15 p.m.

Yeah, the insert song was Koibumi if you missed it last night xD

No comment about the crazy old "NAZE DAAAA" old guy or about the people in Shizuru's flashback? And what about the organisation? Tell me, tell me!

July 24, 2016, 5:16 p.m.

sure...

wait...the guy with the monocle in the flashback wasnt just the younger form of the old guy?

Schrodingers Cat

July 24, 2016, 5:20 p.m.

of course it was the old guy O.o

Also, the Kotori + Kagari scene was completely original >.>

• Reader30891

July 25, 2016, 5:26 a.m.

They don't really said the parents become happy from memory erasing. Shizuru don't really goes into that part. Erasing Shizuru plus going back to newly-wed without money status is what made them happy IMO. Shady organization probably help in properly erasing Shizuru for their benefits.

This episode use shizuru's backstory for world building. Superpower, giant monsters, Shady organization confirmed. Oh The teacher is involved too. (I was still confused about that in VN till common route was over, we are still in the common route btw) This is the most you will get about Shizuru too, with this you will at least know her motivation and why she is the way she is.

How in the world Shizuru got the clearance for unloading this giant secret? I am sensing shady things going on the background.

July 25, 2016, 7:09 a.m.

did she really need clearance to give that away? i guess organization was involved, but it's her secret to tell

Reader30891

July 25, 2016, 11:56 a.m.

They are very secretive. :D