Marth's Anime Blog

Taboo Tattoo Episode 2: Triggered

Well, I was kinda on board in the first episode, but this second episode was frustrating to watch. Honestly, I don't mind that the series tries to be funny, but I wish it put just a little bit more thought into the things people say and the setting it's trying to build. A lot of the decisions made in this episode just don't make any sense to me.

This is the correct reaction. That's a nice reaction face too!

Side note: I'm really not a fan of the character that add random Engrish words to his sentences...

Thanks, I really needed you to explain to me what kind of power "Void Maker" is. You know, last week's episode was just so ambiguous and all...

At what point in the conversation did they say that? Seriously...did I miss it or something?

Her power involved making explosions, right? What does that have to do with staying in a child's body forever? Are there secondary effects for each tattoo? Or do all tattoos do this? Don't you think this would have been a little more important to explain than the Void Maker power?

Of course she transfers into his class...I would expect nothing less. Also, there's no way I'm remembering how to spell this name. I'm glad she gives me the nickname "Izzy" to use instead.

To the guy who asks Izzy what her three sizes are...smooth, dude. Very smooth.

...Fair enough.

REALLY?? What was your first clue? Maybe the fact that all of the blood on his hand disappeared when he triggered the Void Maker power...but that's just my guess. And after the huge deal Izzy made last episode about Justice's tattoo being the trigger-less tattoo, I find this line infuriating.

Haha this guy's first guess at what would be inside of a US army hideout is an excessive number of guns? Fair enough. I won't dispute that.

You expect me to believe a high school girl is better at trailing Justice than Izzy was last week? That's impressive.

Exactly what you would expect from a secret military hideout...right?

So this is the moment when Tom chooses not to use the intercom to check who's at the door?

• Flow

July 14, 2016, 5:17 p.m.

Triggerless tattoo > "stay away from blood, it's the trigger!" :D
    Annoying childhood friend.. not a skilled stalker

• Nightsworn

July 14, 2016, 6:11 p.m.

Maybe by triggerless they mean it doesn't have a set trigger until it takes an owner? Like, maybe the tattoo Izzy has will always have chalk as its trigger, but Void Maker's is different depending on the user... I don't believe that for a second though. It's irritating me too D:

I thought that tattoo usage was meant to be a fairly recent discovery, so she can't be that much older than her body even if she doesn't age... right? D:

July 14, 2016, 6:32 p.m.

if that's the case, then everyone should know what everyone else's triggers are...which just sounds unreasonable

keep telling yourself that :D

Nightsworn

July 14, 2016, 6:43 p.m.

Did it show what the big guy's trigger was? I don't remember D: Maybe they got mixed up and his is the triggerless one? xD

Hey, usually I'm scaling the other way. "Uhhh, that's right officer. She's from a star that's 45 light years away so the laws of physics state she must be legal" :P

July 14, 2016, 6:50 p.m.

they said the big guy was some other thing, right? i dont even remember him having a trigger

...well...keep telling yourself that?

• kindle_kun

July 14, 2016, 11:07 p.m.

The manga source is actually pretty good though I didn't really understand what's happening anymore. I... only read it for the /plot/ (which means just looked at the pictures).

kindle_kun

July 14, 2016, 11:08 p.m.

Off-topic: this dark theme looks sleek lol

July 15, 2016, 6:50 a.m.

oh, i didnt even realize there was a manga...i should probably find that.

and thanks! ive been doing what i can to improve the blog

• Grollourdo

Dec. 11, 2016, 6:36 p.m.

Alot has changed my friend

but it seems for the "triggerless" part, it is stil obscured. I read somewhere that apparently, if we translate from japanese to english, the correct wordibg should be keyless. The void maker is one of four void makers that are keys to them big crystal thingys but can only make a key when it has a host, its sealed. The sealed of the void maker is bassically the key to the big crystal thigys. Since the tatoo is extremely picky on its users, it didnt have a sealed (a key) thus namming it the keyless tatoo and then triggerless tattoo due to some error maybe. It keeps up to its name until seigi becomes the key.