Nekomonogatari (Kuro) Part 2

I guess this part is where things get serious...you know, after some comedic relief from Shinobu (back in silent form). Also, Oshino is back...well, I guess he never really left (I think he's a cool character anyway). Not sure what else to say about this episode...the cat appears and its nature is explained by Oshino. I guess there were some possible references to Kizumonogatari? There was the Senjogahara appearance after all...

The last part will likely have to wait until tomorrow...all that remains is the final confrontation, I would assume. Interesting seeing Oshino actually having troubles with a monster...guess we need Shinobu(right?) to save the day. This part of the movie is heavy on the details, which are interesting because they go more into the supernatural world of the show, but don't give too much to write about. I think it's funny that Koyomi won't even dare touch the cat, though...what a weakling (yes, I'm aware he's not a full vampire).

• cAt

Jan. 3, 2013, 4:25 p.m.

Maybe I'm the one who misunderstands, but what do mean by "Oshino is back"? Everything in Neko black happens before Bakemonogatari. The timeline is: Kizumonogatari > Nekomonogatari (Black) > Bakemonogatari > Nisemonogatari > Nekomonogatari (White).

He left the town after Bakemonogatari.

Jan. 3, 2013, 5:16 p.m.

yeah...I think I qualified that by saying he never really left...I'm aware this happens before. But we through all of Nisemonogatari without him, so that's all I meant.

• Sjcman

Jan. 3, 2013, 11:25 p.m.

I kind feel like after watching Bakumonogatari watching this is kind of a repeat (I know this is a prequal and all, so Baku is the repeat but its just feels like this one wasnt even necessary). Also kind of upset about how senjogahara was sorta of phased out in nisemonogatari (her and Shinobu could have created deadly hilarity). This and Hanekawa also really annoys me.

Jan. 4, 2013, 12:01 a.m.

yeah...not the biggest fan of Hanekawa either myself...I think Senjogahara is a much better character. I...don't exactly have the highest opinion for Nisemonogatari either (oh the pain). I guess what you're saying about repeat is probably why this is just a single movie (it's just been split up into parts by sub groups).

Sjcman

Jan. 4, 2013, 12:23 a.m.

No I mean literally its a repeat of the final arc of Bakemonogatari. Since this is a prequel it would make Bake the repeat, but I just felt like there was no need to animate this since the recap they gave in Bake suffices to summarize the whole movie in under 30 seconds.

Sjcman

Jan. 4, 2013, 12:26 a.m.

Nise was funny, but I dont like two arcs taking 12 episodes.

That being said Shinobu was amazing and I was praying to god that her and Senjogahara would go all out to make Araragi feel extremely ahem uncomfortable. Epicness could have ensued there. Instead we got incest and an epic toothbrush scene (I can live with this, but I can only be left to wonder about what could have been)

Jan. 4, 2013, 12:27 a.m.

yeah...I get what you're saying with Neko and Bake, but Shinobu was really the only thing in Nise I found funny.

• Sjcman

Jan. 3, 2013, 11:28 p.m.

cant wait for Kizu tho, this is the story Ive been wanting to hear about