Winter 2013 Thoughts

The winter season is coming, and since every show seems to have decided not to air this week, let's use today to take a look at what we have in store for us come January with the new year.

• Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan - 3 minute episodes means no cover, but I've already seen the first episode and it's not that much time devoted, so I might keep watching it.
  • Saki Achiga-hen - I managed to get caught up with this show, so I'll watch (because they kept me waiting), but I won't cover it...
  • Savanna Game - Another survival game...I tend to like those. It seems like they'll get transferred to different worlds for each encounter, so it could be pretty cool. Time travel is fun, right?
  • Milky Holmes Alternative Two - I have yet to watch this...maybe with enough motivation.
  • Puchimas Petit Idolmaster - this looks like a dangerous show...the original Idolmaster was good, right?
  • Ai Mai Mi - I can't tell whether they're serious about the fighting space invaders and whatnot. If it's standard comedy, it might be boring, but otherwise...I dunno. Looks kinda dangerous with the tentacles in the picture. I might try it.
  • AKB0048 Next Stage - there was a reason I didn't watch the first season.
  • Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru - Looks like standard stuff to me. Might give it a shot.
  • Minami-ke Tadaima - Only watched the first season for this, so who knows?
  • Senran Kagura - this one looks dangerous...my sensors say.
  • Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman - This one looks pretty cool, but not much info about it.
  • Courtesy of Zettai Karen Children - I know nothing of this series, so I can probably skip it.
  • Senyuu - Looks like shonen to me?
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - well, it's back.
  • Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - Interesting. Is the show about the girl or is she just a way for us to look at the world outside with this Brother Surveillance Tool? Looks like it might be worth my time.
  • Mondai-Ji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - bunny girl in the picture looks dangerous. Approach with caution.
  • Beast Saga - Doesn't look too interesting.
  • Hetalia - Never was interested in this series.
  • GJ-bu - looks like short episodes? Still, it doesn't really capture my interest.
  • Da Capo III - I know nothing about this series...so yeah.
  • Chihayafuru S2 - the first season was nice. I'll definitely watch it, but unsure whether I'll cover it.
  • Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun - not sure what to make of this...more Sengoku era stuff? I dunno...maybe.
  • Cuticle Detective Inaba - Something about this show bothers me...If it's actually mysteries, then I might watch it.
  • gdgd Fairies S2 - there was a first season for this show?
  • Ishida to Asakura - uhh...kinda weird. Romance show based on what I see, but not much info.
  • Tamako Market - Absolutely no information here...well, I dunno what to say, guys.
  • Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - Is this another Hagure Yuusha? Pass...
  • Ganbare Lulu Lolo - ...moving on.
  • Kotoura-san - Well, psychic powers...something I might try.
  • Amnesia - this one looks pretty cool. I'll definitely check it out.
  • Yama no Susume - Uhh...kind of a weird premise. Anything more than that? Might give it a shot, but it doesn't look like much to me.
  • Mangirl - uhh...what is this?
  • Vividred Operation - No clue what to make of this. Mecha+girls...so...Strike Witches? I never watched that one, so I dunno what to think.
  • Love Live - it looks like a cool idea if the viewers can influence the show direction (that's how I understood it). Might be cool to follow along even if I really can't do anything. I wish it wasn't about idols, though -.-
  • Train Hero - it doesn't even have a picture...should I be scared?
  • Doki Doki Precure - pass.

Looks like we've also got Nekomonogatari and Kizumonogatari coming as well...and the Ao no Exorcist movie. Can't watch those for a while, but meh. Taking a look, Savanna Game, Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman, and Amnesia are the shows that look most interesting to me with the information I have so far. Thoughts?

Dec. 29, 2012, 4:13 p.m.

"Maoyuu Maou Yuusha – Is this another Hagure Yuusha? Pass…"

Wrong, probably one of the most anticipated series so far. You could say "another Spice and Wolf" judging from what people says around the net...:D

Dec. 29, 2012, 5:50 p.m.

if you say so...

Tene Robert

Jan. 4, 2013, 2:45 p.m.

Feal is right. Maoyuu has the same director as spice and wolf. Also the voice actors which had played for the two main characters in spice and wolf also play for the two main characters in Maoyuu. I've just watched the first episode a few minutes ago and it's definetly worth giving it a shot. I think this has potential.

Jan. 4, 2013, 10:35 p.m.

...fine, but I make no promises

• All Fiction

Dec. 29, 2012, 6:59 p.m.

"Tamako Market – Absolutely no information here…well, I dunno what to say, guys."

Made by the gods of animation. What else is there to say?

Dec. 29, 2012, 7:02 p.m.

I've had a good look over the chart and there is 12 anime I want to try. Out of those I expect 3 to be great but the other 9 are all wild cards and I have no idea if they will be worth my time.

I hadn't heard of Savanna Game and Kotoura-san until now and I have no idea f they will be good or not. Savanna Game sounds like it will be a cross between When the Seagulls cry and Future Diary, it could be good if it doesn't turn into hyper violent nonsense.

As for Kotoura-san it looks like it's got decent production quality but it might just be another school anime.

Dec. 29, 2012, 7:13 p.m.

yeah...I was thinking the same thing about Savanna Game. Mirai Nikki was just a bit...much.

I got nothing on Kotoura-san...but uhh...psychic powers are cool shrug

• Sjcman

Dec. 30, 2012, 12:24 a.m.

I will pick up Savanna Game and Amnesia (hoping for a hit, but a shot in the dark, but so was psycho-pass, hate the new op and ed for this)

Its a fairly dry season though like always. Spring and Summer will have to pick it up. I hope summer brings the return of SAO and Accel World etc...

Dec. 30, 2012, 1:57 a.m.

I dunno...I'm alright with the new opening for psycho pass (it suits my style), but I guess the ending isn't great compared to the first one.

well, hopefully something catches our attention, right? That's why I like to go into these seasons relatively blind (purposely avoiding previews and original content like novels or manga).

Sjcman

Dec. 30, 2012, 3:02 p.m.

well i just look at the chart, studio, and synopsis but yea your hoping for something to catch, but the winter season has been notoriously poor for that.

Dec. 30, 2012, 5:03 p.m.

haha...guess we'll just have to see

• Sjcman

Dec. 30, 2012, 3:08 p.m.

eh i just dont think the new op fits as well with the show as abnormalize did (also thought abnormalize was better in general, but thats a matter of opinion).

The ED has no shot at being better. I think it was the second highest selling song so I see no reason for changing this but thats how these winter series work.

Sucks we wont get any new episodes for another week tho :(

Dec. 30, 2012, 5:03 p.m.

ahh...I usually don't think about how music fits shows...I just like music that sounds good.

Sjcman

Dec. 30, 2012, 5:33 p.m.

Lol well sometimes the op and ed actually have some kind of relation to the actual plot by design lol (either the song was written for the show, or they choose one whose lyrics fit well with the plot).

Besides Psychopass's op and ed, Jormungand Perfect Order was another example of this from this season.

Dec. 30, 2012, 6:27 p.m.

yeah, but I just don't notice...dunno why

• elior1

Jan. 3, 2013, 1:18 a.m.

@marth i suggest to you to see at least the first of episode of doki doki precure becouse this season is more mature and with vmpires and few gore scences