Sword Art Online Final Episode

So the show ended after all...a quick bit with Sugou for a final encounter (I got blindsided by Kayaba, so I didn't realize Sugou actually had a presence in the real world), then a whole lot of epilogue. Finally we get to see all the characters from the first half returning...where have they been all this time (minus Agil)? I guess Silica and Liz have been in the school with Kirito...yeah, I get that Kirito wouldn't want to drag them back into the game in the second half...

So does that mean the show is finished? I know the novel goes on, but will there be any plan to continue? If it were to continue, what would be the fighting ground? There are so many virtual worlds now, so maybe it would require spending time in every one of them. Like a global crisis sort of thing.

Also, Kirito's comment about the dual avatars is interesting...like his old avatar will return when this happens. Maybe his new avatar gets corrupted in the first encounter and he has to revive his old one to fight...just wild speculation of course. Anyway, another show done...

• Sjcman

Dec. 22, 2012, 8:41 p.m.

They will likely animate the next two arcs which are sooo much better than ALO. The series has been selling well.

Dec. 22, 2012, 9:39 p.m.

haha...I'll take your word for it

• Sjcman

Dec. 22, 2012, 9:24 p.m.

I'm more worried about btoom! Seems like it has some potential but its not selling well. Really hoping it gets a second season unlike Deadman Wonderland (which really needs a reboot the manga is sooooooooo good).

Dec. 22, 2012, 9:40 p.m.

hmm...maybe I should start watching that again

Sjcman

Dec. 22, 2012, 10:43 p.m.

I would pick it up. Its a lot like Deadman Wonderland in a lot of ways, just with less subplot and more cliche.

Sjcman

Dec. 22, 2012, 10:43 p.m.

still its a pretty enjoyable watch

Dec. 22, 2012, 10:25 p.m.

Honestly I was happy not knowing what happened to Silica and Liz because it left room for us to decide what happen to them. For all we knew they had actually died but then they showed up and it was a perfect happy ending of friendship and cuddling.

Agil was there wasn't he? He's the barkeeper or am I confusing him with someone else? He'd be too old to go to school so he's one of the lucky ones.

A second season would be nice since I've heard there is plenty more story arcs to cover but I don't know if it would have the same charm the first 12 episodes did.

Dec. 22, 2012, 10:38 p.m.

Seemed a little too dark...they had episodes devoted to them, so very doubtful.

yeah, he was the only one we saw

I guess we'll see

• All Fiction

Dec. 29, 2012, 7:12 p.m.

This series would have been top tier if it had stopped after 12 episodes. Here's hoping for a superior KyoAni remake.

Dec. 29, 2012, 7:14 p.m.

haha...second season kinda strayed into the .hack zone in my opinion