Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai Final Episode

So that's what this was building up to...I never considered that Yuuta would have blocked his chuunibyou days so much that he wouldn't remember parts of it. To be fair, Rikka only watched him, though...how was he supposed to know? It seems it was the father after all...Rikka still hadn't fully accepted his death and now she gets to say goodbye. Not a bad end in my opinion, though I will say that I think the narrator at the end was unnecessary (overarching chuunibyou theme was kinda lame).

But to what extent does her chuunibyou remain? I can only hope she is more normal inside, as she retains her former appearance...the mix of the two I had hoped for earlier. A very entertaining show for this season...probably one of the better ones for me. Not as dark as I usually prefer to watch, so good for variety, I guess. Not sure if this is an ending or if it leaves open the possibility for more because I don't know what the new character from the novels adds...we'll see?

• chikorita157

Dec. 20, 2012, 6:31 p.m.

I did enjoy the show, but it had some flaws after they rammed through the serious stuff all the sudden and decided to suddenly bring love to the equation rather late in the season. I thought Hyouka did a better job in that department as the development was gradual compared to speeding it up like a bullet train. But still, it's kind of understandable that some people raeged and gave this show a harsh rating just for the Deus ex machina ending, although its kind of going overboard. The show wasn't terrible by any means, but Kyoto Animation just does an okay job with original writing while others do better at it.

Dec. 20, 2012, 6:41 p.m.

hmm...yeah, that's a good point

• BeldenOtaku

Dec. 20, 2012, 6:53 p.m.

I was adequately satisfied with this final episode. Though I liked the message at the end, the narrator might've been a bit much. Seems like the sort of thing Yuuta could've simply monologued. Overall, great series, enjoyed watching, and I agree, a tiny bit open-ended for more antics.

Maybe Yuuta's sister becomes chuuni?

Dec. 20, 2012, 6:54 p.m.

yeah...I was alright with it

I think in the novels, they introduce a character that was a friend of Yuuta's from middle school or something

BeldenOtaku

Dec. 20, 2012, 7:04 p.m.

Thinking this will be the OVA? Or grounds for a 2nd season? I personally want to see the battle between Nibutani and Dekomori in the OVA.

Dec. 20, 2012, 8:42 p.m.

I think it has diverged too far for that...dunno

Dec. 21, 2012, 4:56 a.m.