Sword Art Online Episode 24

Yup...Kayaba Akihiko is officially Ovan now (minus the enormous man crush). I dunno if they had to make Sugou quite as insane as he was...but I guess it's the idea of comparing to Kayaba, who at least had an order to the madness (and possibly still has a master plan left). But seriously? Kirito went hardcore god mode for this fight (did anyone else notice that making Sugou level 1 isn't exactly honorable for someone of his level?).

Now I have to be worried. There's a full episode left and Asuna has been saved. What could possibly be happening in this final episode? Is it just a really long ending to the story or are they preparing for the cliffhanger ending? Surely they wouldn't...right? There's a lot left unresolved. What happens with the mind-altering research now? Are all of the captives free? Yup...definitely worried.

• Sjcman

Dec. 16, 2012, 3:42 p.m.

There are two more arcs to SAO that have to be animated still so we will likely get a cliff hanger concerning the Seed that Kayaba gave kirito

On another note, if Asuna doesnt make it back again Im gonna be so pissed. What is this super mario bros.

Dec. 16, 2012, 4:36 p.m.

That's gonna be frustrating...when is the new season even supposed to start? I haven't seen it on listings for winter season...

True...Shino made it back and she rejoined the team for the final arc in .hack, so it makes sense that Asuna should make it back.

Sjcman

Dec. 16, 2012, 5:38 p.m.

The sad part is that SAO arc was sooooooooo damn good. There really was no reason to cut it short for ALO.I woulda been happy if they had used the full 25 episodes on the SAO arc and just cut the ALO arc completely out in the anime.

As for the next season, Id assume it would be in spring or summer.

Dec. 16, 2012, 5:44 p.m.

yeah...well, maybe that would've taken too long

Dec. 17, 2012, 1:22 a.m.

"Mario, your princess is in another castle" ending? :D

• Romshark

Dec. 25, 2012, 8:49 p.m.

"did anyone else notice that making Sugou level 1 isn’t exactly honorable for someone of his level?"

Actually, (according to the subs I watched), I think that Kirito just removed Sugou's admin privileges. Not Oberon's player level. Though since Sugou was always in "god-mode", he probably never played and leveled up his stats, and thus lost easily in a fair fight.

Dec. 26, 2012, 1:57 a.m.