Shin Sekai Yori Episode 10

It's a question that I feel isn't asked enough with shows these days. If you have a power that can manifest your thoughts into the real world, then what's the limit? How do we determine which thoughts activate our powers and which ones don't? Most shows these days assume it's a simple thing that the user can do...but it shouldn't be. Unlike our bodies, which are easily trained to act how we are accustomed, our minds are much more flexible and can practically do anything.

I still refuse to believe that this is all caused by improper restoration of powers...even if it seems so, it's just too easy. And doesn't fit with Shun's suggestion of how much this has happened before him. But yeah...I guess Shun's dead...if he confessed to Saki, he's probably not coming back. But what does that mean? What happens now? Preview suggests a time skip...

• Sjcman

Dec. 1, 2012, 4:35 p.m.

Called it...AGAIN!

Am I good or what? Anyway, this has everything to do with an improperly restored Cantus. The hypnosis was removed which means the check on the subconcious was removed resulting in an unchecked subconcious that was free to manifest itself in whatever way it pleased.

Sjcman

Dec. 1, 2012, 4:48 p.m.

As for cases prior to him, here are my theories

1. improperly Cantus ritual
    2. Shun's was sped up by the improper restoration of Cantus, but due to his personality traits it was bound to happen anyway. (people with a risk of cancer get it earlier because the smoke would be an example of this).

We dont know enough about the other cases to say what it is for sure but for Shun I am sure its a combination of his personality and frustration with his Cantus and the lack of shame mechanism that caused him to go Karma demon. (Personality was allowed to run wild because shame mechanism didnt keep it in check)

Dec. 1, 2012, 5:15 p.m.

It makes sense that they shouldn't have gotten off so easily with that incident...I guess I'm just too stubborn thinking that it's too easy for that to be the cause of everything

Dec. 1, 2012, 4:54 p.m.

More time skip? No please, we still have so many episodes...skipping so much isn't good...>_<

Dec. 1, 2012, 5:15 p.m.

well, sitting around doing nothing isn't so fun either...what if they do..........weird things again?

Dec. 2, 2012, 5:09 a.m.