Shin Sekai Yori Episode 7

W-wait...what? They just went back? Sounds like quite a victory, huh? They learned the truth, the one who caught them is dead, and they've managed to make it seem like they were never punished, so there's no suspicion. All good, right? I don't understand, though...I thought the Ethics Committee ordered the bakenezumi to kill the kids...how is it that they managed to get home without arousing suspicion? The monk couldn't have made any orders to the Hornet colony, so what's going on?

It's possible there's been an explanation that I missed, but that's still weird. Oh well...I'll figure it out. That aside, anyone else think that the meeting between the two groups was a little...random and boring? Just pop up at the lake and everyone else is there. No question of what the others were doing all that time. Very suspicious if you ask me. Anyway, next week time skip will engage. Hopefully, they'll answer my questions...since trouble has to come back again to their lives.

Nov. 10, 2012, 3:08 p.m.

Victory? I consider this to be lose to me. They're just hiding trying to avoid being punished...:|

Nov. 10, 2012, 4 p.m.

I have no idea how it's working...

Nov. 10, 2012, 4:03 p.m.

Agreed, not sure how the adults are going to accept them that easily...maybe next week they'll clear it out?

Nov. 10, 2012, 4:44 p.m.

or they're just stupid...

Nov. 10, 2012, 4:46 p.m.

nods that's possible!

• Cholisose

Nov. 10, 2012, 11:01 p.m.

I think it was okay that Saki and Satoru managed to find their friends like that, considering all they had to go through already--and I think the anime was wanting to move things along and bring a close to this rat war field trip story arc.

Things were rushed at the end of the ep, but it seems that Saki and everyone snuck into their homes at night in order to get their mantras and restore each others' powers. And now they are ready to confront their village elders. We'll have to wait and see what the village decides to do with them next episode.

Nov. 10, 2012, 11:02 p.m.

just seemed pretty random to me!

definitely rushed...just seemed off

• Sjcman

Nov. 10, 2012, 11:30 p.m.

A couple of things

1. Its possible that the Ethics committee didnt know who the kids were specifically. It could have just been 6 kids or whatever.

2. Due to their aid to the queerats, its possible the leader let them escape for that reason

3. How convoluted did you want finding their friends to be? It made sense. Both would head back to the canoes and therefore both would travel to the lake.

4. It is obviously not as clean an escape as you are led to believe since the narration at the end of the episode indicates something bad is about happen.

Nov. 10, 2012, 11:50 p.m.

1. Seems quite flimsy...not sure if I buy it.

2. Possible, I give you that.

3. Didn't mean for it to be convoluted...just thought it was random. They didn't once mention the other group nor did they express any thought about what they might be doing, and then they suddenly appear.

4. But so much time goes by between now and the next episode...that looks much cleaner of an escape than I would expect it to be.

• Sjcman

Nov. 11, 2012, 12:02 a.m.

1. We shall see next episode.

2. They actually expressed thoughts about the other group in this episode and the last episodes expressing thoughts on whether they had escaped and survived.

3. Do you know specifically how much time goes by? I don't think it was mentioned. For all we know it could be 2 weeks- 1 month. Even if the escape as clean, its clear that the forbidden knowledge and return of their powers is going to have a dramatic affect on their return to society. We had already seen with Satoru that he has become more sadistic in nature.

Nov. 11, 2012, 7:48 a.m.

not completely sure how much time goes by...could even be over a year for all I know