Magi Episode 3

Well, that's the first dungeon cleared. So I guess the show is going to be a competition of some sort? We've seen that there are multiple Magi, so I guess they will fight each other or race through the dungeons so that their "chosen king" becomes the actual king? Makes sense to me. And you know...the stuff that we saw coming...lord got killed, Morgiana was freed blah blah.

Then again...I find the lord's death to be odd. For one, because of how desperately Morgiana was clinging to him, I assume he was supposed to do something for her that he can't if he's gone (otherwise she could leave at any time). Also, they showed flashes of his memory, which bugs me. But he was sealed in the dungeon...

What's up with that episode ending? Aladdin got split from Alibaba? I thought they were supposed to travel together. Oh well, it looks from the preview like Aladdin needs some time alone to figure out what he's supposed to do before he meets up with Alibaba again. Kinda foolish for Alibaba to be walking around by himself with all that gold now, but I guess he's not completely useless in a fight. I guess the question now is who is Morgiana going to meet up with? Will she go back to the city and hang with Alibaba until Aladdin shows up or will she randomly run into Aladdin in her own travels?

Oct. 22, 2012, 4:10 p.m.

I doubt he can escape from that dungeon, especially considering his little knowledge of anything apart from rage. Morgiana keeping up with him was really weird though, with her power killing him would have been extremely easy...:|

Oct. 22, 2012, 4:20 p.m.

just suspicious...that's all

Oct. 22, 2012, 4:21 p.m.

Well, a lot suspicious...Did you see her speed and power? I doubt it was that easy to contain her power...:|

Oct. 22, 2012, 4:26 p.m.

looks at Marth with anticipating eyes unless...?

Oct. 22, 2012, 4:38 p.m.

starts to continue with the thought, but then realizes it's more fun not to say it

• Mad Dawn

Oct. 22, 2012, 9:34 p.m.

It isn't that Jamil could do something for her. It's the fact that she's been his slave for most of her life. That's all she's ever known and following him was second nature to her for the most part.

It's kind of hard to let that go.

Oct. 22, 2012, 9:54 p.m.

nah...I think it's more than that

Shion

March 22, 2013, 11:28 a.m.

I agree. It's crazy for someone to keep on wavering between freedom and slavery unless there are some very deep emotions involved. Not saying WHAT those emotions are, though... not like I know anyways...

• Noc

Oct. 23, 2012, 12:35 a.m.

The non-manga viewers missed out on some explanations in this ep that were done via an omniscient narrator in the original, one of which explains why Morgiana was so intent on following Jamil.

Mad Dawn essentially has the right of it- during her time as a slave Morgiana had been subjected to all kinds of horrible things, so the idea that disobeying her master = pain has been ingrained in her mind much like how a conditioned dog will salivate at the ring of a bell. These are the invisible chains that Aladdin spoke of in the previous episode.

Ha, funny you should mention the gold. It didn't occur to me while reading the manga, but when I saw that huge crowd surrounding the giant hole he was in I was like, "wait couldn't they all just gang up on him and take the treasure for themselves?" I find it very hard to believe that out of all those people there weren't a couple dozen who thought of doing that :/

• elior1

Oct. 24, 2012, 4:43 a.m.

dont worry marth we will get more information about morigina past once we will get to her arc which will be after the next one