Sword Art Online Episode 8

And with that, the main story of Sword Art Online has begun. A lot of battles this week...I was very pleased. I have to admit...watching Asuna in battle, she's pretty good. I really wonder, though...if we were to just compare raw skills and level, would Kirito be the superior? I feel like he would. Regardless, it's pretty ridiculous that Asuna can be so close to Kirito's level while still sharing experience with parties.

It's things like this that make me really question this ridiculous "beater" business. Seriously...how much advantage do they really have? I guess it would help if I knew how many of them were still alive. If not a single beater has died, then maybe it's a little justified, but otherwise, they just start with a slight edge. In two years, it can't be too hard to pass them...honestly. Just takes a little skill, you know?

I think the best part about the scene from this screenshot is that when Asuna comes flying into the area, none of the bystanders even turn around until she freaks out. They're all just standing there like everything is totally normal. Also, there was that guy in the crowd during the duel against Kuradeel...was that tattoo supposed to be for Laughing Coffin?

Anyway, next week is another boss battle. We haven't seen one of those in quite a while. I'm assuming Asuna and Kirito won't face it alone initially (wait for reinforcements and whatnot), but they'll definitely be the ones to finish it off. Should be fun.

Aug. 26, 2012, 9:15 a.m.

Mhn...I don't understand the beater business either, because aside from the first weeks their advantage is nearly nothing after 2 years of playing or not?

Aug. 26, 2012, 9:19 a.m.

if there's still an advantage, then everyone must be really terrible at video games, right? :P

Aug. 26, 2012, 9:21 a.m.

nods, as long as the player are good enough the difference should be pretty much NIL at this point. :D

Aug. 26, 2012, 9:26 a.m.

I find it hard to believe that everyone is that bad, though...

Aug. 26, 2012, 9:33 a.m.

Well, try to think about Asuna or Asuna's guildmaster, both are called as "incredibly good" players. So it's not actually EVERYONE after all!

Aug. 26, 2012, 9:36 a.m.

that's so few, though....

• Vance

Aug. 26, 2012, 3:17 p.m.

I don't think that Asuna is that close to Kirito's level actually. Sure, Kirito fights less monsters than others, because he is lazy, but he also levels up faster as a solo player. If I were to make a guess, I'd say that she is 5 levels lower, and maybe the experience requirements double every level increase, meaning that it is very hard to catch him. I'm pretty that Asuna would not be able to break Kuradeel's weapon like Kirito did.

Aug. 26, 2012, 3:26 p.m.

really? hmm...you think it's a game where 5 levels is a lot? I guess...did they mention a max level?

well, she's a speed specialist, so breaking a weapon should be a bit much either way, I would think

Vance

Aug. 26, 2012, 5:45 p.m.

Kirito mentioned in Episode 4 that a mere difference in levels meant that those orange players couldn't beat him. I am just assuming that 5 levels is a lot in this game, as Kirito always makes sure that he is high enough level so that the monsters aren't a true threat to him.

Aug. 26, 2012, 8:30 p.m.

I guess so...but usually that difference doesn't carry into the higher levels. Guess he hasn't leveled all that much up until this point...

• Huntermad

Aug. 26, 2012, 11:21 p.m.

Asuna actually farm harder than Kirito since she must farm in a party.While Kirito can sleep 8hours per days, to keep up with the top, Asuna can only sleep less than 5 hours...