Kokoro Connect Episode 5

The nature of Heartseed's powers are too confusing for me. It's almost like he's a god...which is a bit frustrating. Considering the cell phone plus the fact that Heartseed knew the exact moment that the news of Iori's survival would be announced, it's clear that Heartseed knew that Iori would survive despite the doctor's statement that there was a clear chance (and possibly a large chance) that she wouldn't.

I believe in the first meeting with Heartseed, he mentions not having complete control over the body swapping, and I'm starting to think that was a load of crap. He changed the nature of the swapping, giving everyone a time limit and more control, and let's not forget what I said before about him being able to possess another person, rather than swap with them.

And even if we understand everything, then why is he doing all of this? Is he doing it all for his personal amusement? Hardly seems like it if he intervenes so much. Plus, he wouldn't really have to apologize if he were just messing with them. Is he doing it for their benefit? If so, then what reason does he have for helping this particular group of people at this particular time? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Am I over-analyzing the show to the point where I'm ignoring the point? Arguably, yes I am, but that's kinda how my priorities are set. I'm fascinated by how the show plans to explain the supernatural aspects of it all. But all that aside, this episode seems like the end of an arc to me.

So the question now is where does it go from here? Confessions are out on the table and everyone seems to be friendly with each other. What will they try to do next? I suppose Inaba mentioned Taichi being broken while they were at the hospital...maybe it's time to focus on the guys' problems?

Aug. 5, 2012, 5:01 p.m.

Yep, Heartseed is just playing out with us since the very beginning. Can't really predict his intentions...:|

Aug. 5, 2012, 6:28 p.m.

we must find him and destroy him...right?

Aug. 6, 2012, 3:20 a.m.

Nope, as long as the trolling have ALWAYS an happy ending I don't care much about his life. :D

Aug. 6, 2012, 7:33 a.m.

he's someone who seems to have complete control over what happens to these five...you're just gonna trust him to always give a happy ending?

Aug. 6, 2012, 8:32 a.m.

...you're too drastic my friend. :P

Aug. 6, 2012, 8:34 a.m.

you trust too easily :P

Aug. 6, 2012, 9:26 a.m.

I'm the good guy, that's why! :|

Aug. 6, 2012, 9:29 a.m.

sure...that's what it is

Aug. 6, 2012, 4:01 a.m.

You're not over analyzing that's for sure as there is so many possibilities at this point.

I'm with you on the idea that heartseed is some sort of god. Either that or an alien but that would be really lame. If he is a god then he must have some sort of foresight to know that she wouldn't die. Either that or he just controlled the doctor and had him lie to them about the severity of the situation.

Aug. 6, 2012, 7:32 a.m.

I dunno...if he's a god, then he's a dick. I don't buy into this "hurting them for their benefit" business.

• Ecchi Catgirl

Aug. 6, 2012, 4:26 p.m.

I'm not too sure on Heartseed's powers. All we know is the bodyswap and maybe some higher brain power. Besides I bet he knew the time and survival rate for the average surgery. So I expect he went on probability and guessing.

To be honest, if he's an all knowing god, this anime is pointless because he knows the outcome but he was satisfied with the logical outcome. It comes down to helping each person with their problems with Taichi as his catalyst.

Aug. 6, 2012, 4:29 p.m.

The timing's too precise to be a guess. Typical surgeries can probably take anywhere between 1 and 8 hours depending on complications and a bunch of other factors.

Well, that's my problem with how he's been introduced in a nutshell. His powers are suggesting all-knowing god, which bothers me.