Hyouka Episode 15

And so the mystery begins. It seems like this time around, the culprit actually seems to be acting somewhat maliciously, since everything is in a pattern. By the way, the pattern of club names and missing items based on Japanese alphabets...I never would have guessed that. It's a little depressing...I never stood a chance. Oh well, it was fun speculating about it.

But the question remains: why? What reason would someone have to be going around and stealing things in this order? I suppose Houtarou's sister did warn him that something would happen during the festival, but it seems to be too much of a stretch to think she did it.

Personally, I think the most interesting outcome would be if the culprit were challenging either the school or even the Classics Club specifically. You know...something like "I've shown you the pattern, so try and stop me." That's usually the reason people use a pattern. I sure hope they don't try to pull some "the items were missing the whole time" stuff...that kinda thing is a bit boring.

Next week, the mystery continues. I wonder what will happen. Will the Classics Club be the next target? Logically, it would make sense that they are...but it's not like Houtarou will leave the room, so how could they pull it off? And will Houtarou make another incorrect deduction that he has to correct again or is Satoshi right that he must catch the culprit in the act?

July 30, 2012, 4:04 p.m.

This is the first milestone for Houtarou. He managed to Kininari-block Eru, now he only needs to learn how to control her and then he'll be able to control the ENTIRE WORLD! O_O

July 30, 2012, 4:06 p.m.

Achievement unlocked...20 gamer score

He probably learns how to control her just as much as she learns how to manipulate other people

July 30, 2012, 4:10 p.m.

That's not a nice way to put it, but I can live with it as its a must-have skill for real life. :|

July 30, 2012, 4:14 p.m.

you and your postapocalyptic bishoujo worlds....

July 30, 2012, 4:21 p.m.

"In "199X," civilization was ruined as a result of a worldwide nuclear war and many creatures died out. However, mankind survived and entered an age where the strong ruled over the weak, as the few survivors fought over whatever supply of food and uncontaminated bishoujos remained in the wasteland of the world."

Sounds like a possible outcome of Hyouka, don't you agree? :P

July 30, 2012, 4:23 p.m.

MC = feal, drooling over these bishoujos Sidekick = marth, tries not to commit suicide while following feal around

July 30, 2012, 4:26 p.m.

Sounds so good I may even submit it to some publisher to animate it! :D

July 30, 2012, 4:27 p.m.

in the final scene, marth snaps and stabs feal (because I love killing MCs)

July 30, 2012, 4:43 p.m.

What a sad ending...:(

July 30, 2012, 4:51 p.m.

sounds like the best possible outcome to me :P

• lostty

July 31, 2012, 12:56 p.m.

I feel like Houtarou's sister has to have some sort of involvement in this all. I know you said it's a stretch, but I can't think of anyone else who'd want to target the Classics Club (unless it's the crafts club, which would be hella disappointing). Well, in the least she played her role by giving Houtarou that broken pen, and I was amused how Houtarou wanted to continue the chain, so I'm interested where that little part of the story will go.

July 31, 2012, 1:03 p.m.

Well, we can't know for sure if it's targeted at the Classics Club...just seems weird to me if she's going around messing with them. It's true that she seems to be very involved, but I dunno...I have trouble believing it. I agree that Houtarou continuing the chain was pretty great, though...can't wait to see how that comes into play.