Kokoro Connect Episode 2

Hah...they're just getting jerked around. The mysterious Heartseed is just observing them for his/her amusement. While finding Heartseed is likely important and serves as an ending for everything, this mysterious observer hasn't exactly left enough clues for anything to happen immediately. I will note one thing, though...Heartseed possesses Goto, rather than swapping with him, indicating to me an advanced control over the phenomenon rather than the actions of a simple observer.

So, since the main characters can't exactly go around searching for Heartseed, it seems most of the show will be solving each other's problems...seemingly starting with Iori, who became strangely philosophical after swapping with Aoki. That stuff about the soul interests me a lot too...was actually thinking about writing something on that subject, but I guess Iori beat me to the punch.

The swap of Aoki and Iori also brought a second (unrelated) question to mind. What happens if one of the characters (probably Aoki) decides to pretend to be swapped? Inaba was talking about working to mimic each other's personalities, so why not? All they would have to do is change up their voice a bit and claim to be someone else who isn't close enough to claim otherwise. Then, they could get away with stuff (O.o). Might make for some amusing scenes...

Anyway, Inaba has set Taichi up to intervene with the class president and Iori...that should be fun to watch. It also looked like some stuff with Yui from the preview.

July 15, 2012, 4:42 p.m.

Extraterrestrial (or mystical) entities playing around with 5 high school students "for the lulz"? I'm doubtful...:|

July 15, 2012, 4:46 p.m.

Assuming the goal of the show is to actually find this Heartseed, my current theory is that Heartseed is human. Of course, if they listen to Heartseed and just decide to not bother looking, then yeah...we can go with extraterrestrials and whatnot.

July 15, 2012, 4:58 p.m.

Mhn...your speculation is interesting, but how would they control another human with that ease? they must be using some "device", don't they?

July 15, 2012, 5 p.m.

A device, a strange power...beats me. I don't know how far this show wants to push reality yet

July 15, 2012, 5:04 p.m.

They're already pushing it a lot with the body switch in the first place so well...:D

July 15, 2012, 5:05 p.m.

yeah...doesn't exactly make it easy for me to gauge >.>

asdfghjkl

July 16, 2012, 12:21 a.m.

who knows maybe its some kind of god playing with human not going to lie if im god i would do this for fun too.

July 16, 2012, 1:30 a.m.

meh...gods screwing with humans is a bit boring to me now...

asdfghjkl

July 16, 2012, 1:49 a.m.

hmm but makes me wonder how does it feel to be an all powerful god must be quite fun.

but if you could change body with one of the character who would you choose? and if soul exist what do you think would happen to it when you die?

July 16, 2012, 8:32 a.m.

Theoretically, a god should be able to transcend those kinds of human emotions, but meh....

I don't really have a particular choice. But for the soul bit, I believe that the soul is designed to be a mark of permanent identity, so it's very purpose to stay around after death. But that's assuming you believe it exists...

asdfghjkl

July 16, 2012, 11:08 a.m.

im open minded so yes maybe it exist but what would happen if your soul got destroyed then wouldnt that mean you will be treated as never exist and everybody would forget you?

July 16, 2012, 12:17 p.m.

The idea of the soul is that it shouldn't be possible to affect or change it through tangible means. So, it shouldn't be possible to destroy it.

asdfghjkl

July 16, 2012, 12:45 p.m.

do you think soul is created or exist naturally?

July 16, 2012, 12:55 p.m.

well, if I don't believe in a soul, I can't really comment on that. Although technically, if a soul exists naturally, that only means that it is created naturally. Meaning the real question you're asking is whether I believe that nature creates the soul or some god does.

asdfghjkl

July 16, 2012, 1:01 p.m.

take note i am terrible at english but yeah that the question so what do you believe?

July 16, 2012, 1:03 p.m.

Like I said, I don't really believe in the soul at all, so it makes no difference to me how one is created.

• tsurugiarashix

July 15, 2012, 5:42 p.m.

I think pretending to be swapped might work somewhere into the plot. Not for getting away with anything malicious (well, might), but helping the other person out. Although, if they did pretend to swap, I am sure Heartseed would find out and do it for real just to spite them.

And yeah, Iori's strange little philosophical moment did also tempt me to write an editorial, but since I was thinking something different entirely, I might be able to get it to work. Shame their is too much speculation on one part of theory though :P

July 15, 2012, 7:16 p.m.

hehe...just a random thought. It might be pretty funny if it's done right.

My idea was to write something that basically said that the existence of a soul is impossible to prove or disprove because the concept of the soul only has meaning if it cannot be manipulated by anything tangible. Something like that.