Hyouka Episode 4

Well, the mystery of Hyouka is solved. Game over, guys...let's all go home. Show's over. Pfft...yeah right. At the end of the episode, Eru asks herself a similar question to what I was asking throughout Houtarou's entire explanation. While everything makes sense logically based on the data everyone gathered, there was something missing.

Eru's uncle nearly refused to tell her what happened. If all that had happened was that he was expelled for keeping the culture festival five days long, why would he be ashamed? Nah...there's more to this for sure. Still, the way the show is...the answer almost seems acceptable (maybe "fitting" is the right word), because of how small-scale the answers to the other mysteries have been.

But what more is there? There are 21 episodes scheduled and episode 4 has proposed a possible solution. If Hyouka is meant to be the main mystery, how do they expect to keep it interesting throughout that whole period? Will it just be peppered with the little mysteries to take up time? There has to be more, but I don't see how they can possibly keep it up. Unless, of course, they dive into the supernatural and Hyouka is only the beginning. Hmm...now that I think about it, that could be pretty intriguing.

Story aside, though, I really like how Houtarou is being done as a character. When it was his turn to present his findings, it didn't seem so much like "oh, this is so much trouble and I don't want to do it." It was almost as if he truly wanted to be able to present like everyone else, but couldn't because of his nature. Definitely an interesting character...one to watch. As for the show in general, I'm still pretty curious about what's going on. It keeps me watching...that's for sure.

Posted in: Hyouka

anime hyouka

May 14, 2012, 4:02 p.m.

Agreed with you, why would he be ashamed of something so heroic? I suppose there's more behind the covers.

P.S. Why two time same screenshot? :P

May 14, 2012, 4:04 p.m.

Gotta be more

Didn't notice that...weird

May 14, 2012, 4:07 p.m.

Yep, more...more...more Mayaka! __

That's the main proof You're getting old! :D

May 14, 2012, 4:10 p.m.

Sigh...you're going to make me explain. Screenshots ordered based on when they appear in the episode. I typically use them in order, but I wanted to use the clocks first. My brain automatically chose the last picture in the folder when uploading the second image because that's what I always do. Last image in the folder was also the clocks. Not old...just my efficiency backfiring and me not checking.

• Foxy Lady Ayame

May 15, 2012, 3:43 p.m.

from the next episode's title it seems like things might get a conclusion (?) I really wonder, too, what is the missing piece of the puzzle... why would Chitanda cry? Couldn't it be simply the way her uncle dismissed her? Like 'you don't have any business to know more about the student movement, you're a kid'? Or perhaps his parents' reaction to his expel... A betray or a violent act against her uncle could also be a reason for the girl to cry...

btw I love the way Houtaro plays with his fringe when he starts thinking

May 15, 2012, 4:19 p.m.

Conclusion is possible, but it just seems weird with the way the show is. This mystery seems to be a focus of the show and it would be weird to end it so soon.