Sankarea Episode 6

Hmm...that was kinda fast to give away most of the stuff. Chihiro's grandfather gains a few moment of lucidity...enough to tell him that although the hydrangea leaves will counteract the body's decay, it's only a temporary fix. So, that narrows things down...it looks like Chihiro will have to "complete" the resurrection potion and bring Rea back to life for real. But that won't be easy, it would seem. First off, the end of the episode shows that blood, either the taste or the sight, will bring Rea back to her crazed zombie self (unless it was a coincidence of timing, which is less interesting). And also, it looked like the butler from Rea's mansion also spotted her while she was out with Chihiro.

Sigh...I wonder if I should take a moment to sit down and think about the science in this show. I'm sure it would give me a headache. There seem to be a lot of inconsistencies...yeah yeah, I know it's anime, but I could probably write a post on the theoretical implications of everything...possibly explain why some of these things could be possible (wonder if I should). But I wouldn't do that here...instead, I'll just finish off by saying next week looks to be a closer look at Wanko. I wasn't sure whether the scenes they show are flashbacks or stuff that's actually happening while Rea is around, but we'll find out.

May 11, 2012, 5:03 p.m.

Let's just forget about science, because well... This series lacks common sense as well, but its normal for light hearted romantic comedies after all...:P

May 11, 2012, 5:07 p.m.

I'm really curious if I could make the science...slightly more probable

May 11, 2012, 5:11 p.m.

Proposal for a new editorial post for you. "Science and anime". What do you think? :P

May 11, 2012, 5:11 p.m.

seems too general...not sure what I could do with that. I could try science in Sankarea, but I dunno if I have enough to go on

• Ecchi Catgirl

May 11, 2012, 7:36 p.m.

You can't use science to explain her condition. She has no pulse and she's cold. So she has no respiration. She is scientifically impossible. Everything comes down to supernatural.

She might be using 100% of her brain and she can somehow draw in energy. Just forget everything and enjoy the zombie fanservice.

May 11, 2012, 7:49 p.m.

The energy thing is one of those things that's been bugging me. Lack of energy causes her rigor mortis and lethargy, but she somehow starts moving again (this is before eating the leaves, which I see as the catalyst of supernatural phenomena). She has no metabolism, no pulse, no respiration. Yet she has blood. Theoretically, gravity would move the blood down to her feet if it wasn't being circulated. Stuff like that...Just spitballing for now

May 11, 2012, 7:41 p.m.

Science has been thrown out the window so I'd say it's a bad idea to think too much into it. Unless grandpa starts spouting scientific lingo or Chihiro starts using science to stop Rea rotting then i'd say it's going to be lost in favor for slice of life and back stories.

But you never know science could be just what this story needs. I'd be okay with it.

May 11, 2012, 7:49 p.m.

heh...I dunno, I think that adding science would only satisfy a small portion of viewers, rather than the majority

• kelfio

May 14, 2012, 2:06 a.m.

You know, I really am enjoying Sankarea.... But.... I'm also study to be a Bio-Chemist. And there's one thing in particular that I have to call b#@%^&hit on.

Dead people don't blush.

She's dead. No metabolism, no blood flow, no heart beat. Cool, she can move, she's a zombie, whatever. But I just can't accept that zombie-Rea can blush. :P