Sankarea Episode 3

So this week's episode finishes up the setup for the show. Rea finally confronts her father, but she dies falling off a cliff, only to be reborn by the potion she drank. This is where the weird starts...Hopefully Chihiro can control his fetish. Animation in this show is definitely...different. Way to go Rea...you wanted a normal life, and you became a zombie. I guess the show just goes into straight comedy mode from here. Chihiro hiding Rea from other people and letting her lead a more free life. Wanko gets some more screen time this week too...although it was mostly just to get her stuck in a tunnel. She knows that Chihiro brought Babu back to life, so I'm guessing she might be included in the secret of Rea and whatnot.

As long as they don't overplay the zombie thing, I think I can manage...that's still my least favorite part of the show. Guess we saw a bit of Rea's mom too. Her personality was a bit more boring than I had thought...the whole deal about yelling at Rea about the family's image. Kind of a boring rich family woman type of attitude. But maybe there's more to it. Sure hope so. Next week looks like it should get interesting...a buildup to a kiss which I assume will be interrupted. Wonder what's up with that scene with the younger sister from the preview? O.o

Posted in: Sankarea

anime sankarea

• BandageBoy

April 21, 2012, 9:24 a.m.

Rea-Chan is the most beautiful zombie ever!!!!

April 21, 2012, 9:55 a.m.

O.o sure....

Tene Robert

April 21, 2012, 1:23 p.m.

Rea sure looks cute. But I liked her more before she became a zombie. Now she has those red eyes which don't really look that good on her!

April 21, 2012, 11:38 a.m.

Sorry, but your prediction are far off from correct. If they follow the manga then...and that......also that....

• John Sato

April 21, 2012, 6:34 p.m.

As Ace pointed out in his post, Chihiro might end up a little more reluctant for the real thing than he expected...I doubt the fetish thing will be dropped, but all the different directions the show could go in this point is certainly interesting. Will it be Chihiro dealing with his creepy fetish romance? Will it be Rea dealing with the problems of being a zombie? Will it take a 180 turn and become a shounen action show about Chihiro and Rea fighting the 12 assassins Rea's father sends out? (<<THIS)

I just don't know, and it's got me worried and excited at the same time.

April 21, 2012, 6:36 p.m.

I'm sure it will be both of the first two...but I'd watch the third one >.>

• fabrice

April 24, 2012, 11:22 p.m.

Her dad is seriously an obsessive maniac; not allowing Rea to do anything, no freedom at all. Gotta feel sorry for Rea. Furuya ditching Wanko was pretty hilarious though leaving Wanko there alone, stuck in that tunnel was pretty inconsiderate of him. :S

But then that censorship ruined the ressurection scene. Destroyed the impact it had. Damn japanese censoring late night anime.

April 24, 2012, 11:24 p.m.

well...censoring...what are you gonna do? >.>