Persona 4 Final Episode

The battle between Yu and Adachi rages on. Meanwhile, the TV world and the real world are starting to merge. Adachi continues to taunt everyone, but they reject what he says and manage to defeat their opponents. Adachi starts to go nuts, but Yu forces him to face reality and defeats the copy of Izanagi. Adachi tries to kill himself, but he is suddenly possessed by a bunch of Shadows. He then becomes Ameno-sagiri, the source of the fog. Everyone tries to attack Ameno-sagiri, but he quickly blows them all away. Yu is about to be engulfed by the Shadows, but Yosuke calls out to him, evolving Jiraiya into Susano-o and saving him. Everyone else follows suit, evolving their respective Persona. They all push back Ameno-sagiri, and Yu fuses his Persona to finish him off. They then bring Adachi back to the real world to face his crimes. We finish off with Yu leaving Inaba to return to the city with his friends there to see him off.

I'm surprised they let Yu leave Inaba. I guess this was technically the ending, but they still gave him the crystal that takes away falsehoods. He needs that for the true route, which unfortunately doesn't come out until the 10th BD is released later in August. It's a very familiar scene from the game for his leaving, but I thought that it happened after finishing true route. A really nice game adaptation, but I wish they could have fit in the true ending instead of making us wait so long for it. I'm also really glad that they included the Persona evolution for other characters. At first, I thought it might just be Yosuke, but then everyone else joined in. For the most part, I think that their second forms look better, so it's nice that they got an appearance. Plus, we'll hopefully see them more in action when they do the true ending. And yeah...I'm gonna wait for the true ending to review this. I've enjoyed blogging it, though...was a great game, and it was  nice to see it in anime form.

• Yerocha

March 31, 2012, 5:35 p.m.

I can't say for sure what the last episode will be like, since it would have to fit into a strange spot in this episode. I thought at first that they would have it set before the scene of Yu leaving Inaba, but then they gave him the crystal thing afterward, which screws up the timeline even more. Since the upcoming fighting game has the protagonist come back, it's possible it could look like whatever that scene looks like, but it's hard to tell. They really should have just had the bonus episode play during the normal run.

March 31, 2012, 5:36 p.m.

Yeah, but they like to torture us and make us wait....

March 31, 2012, 8:47 p.m.

If I remember correctly the true ending battle was filled with self sacrifice. I wonder how that's going to get worked into the battle.

March 31, 2012, 9:40 p.m.

I dont see how it's a problem...they can probably just do it like it was in the game

• hanif

April 1, 2012, 6:47 a.m.

I really love this episode. For me, it's like episode 24 part 2 since it aims for Good Ending (eps 23, for Bad ending route).

The battle is so EPIC. In the game I just play it with boredom since I too over-powered and read walkthrough so I know how Ameno Sagiri's attack and I really hate the model of Ameno Sagiri (a medium ugly giant ball that almost drowning in the sands, that's lame). But in the anime, Ameno Sagiri looks awesome since it is a really flying giant ball-with camera lense. It's beam attack looks more menacing and damaging since it almost destroy half of Magatsu Inaba.

When Investigation team's persona evolve because their love for Yu, it shows that their bond is really unbroken. It reminds me when I read some overview about how Persona 4 Ending more satisfying then Persona 3. It says that Yu is nothing without his friend.

Don't forget the song when persona evolve, I almost cried !!! Ah I really hope they release the single immidietly. Shihoko Hirata must be very lucky since she almost make at least 2 or 3 full solo album with Persona 4 Game, Animation and The Golden.

April 1, 2012, 7:58 a.m.

It was definitely a good episode...the show's just good in general. I agree...I was over-powered when I fought Ameno Sagiri too, so lol

We need all the music from this show....just give it to us already

April 1, 2012, 2:59 p.m.

Nanako is going to marry me! YAY! :P

• DavetheZombie

April 2, 2012, 2:19 a.m.

My theory for how they might fit in the true ending is that they'll do a sort of flashback to before he embarks on the train. I think it would've suited as a better ending for the show, rather than leaving it with the good ending which felt somewhat rushed. I'm satisfied with the way the series was concluded. Now can we pleeease have a real P3 anime?!

April 2, 2012, 7:43 a.m.

I guess a flashback could work, but I think it's gonna seem weird.

yes...let's all petition for a P3 anime!