Another Final Episode

Picking up from last week, the inn is falling apart because of the fire, killing students left and right. The librarian returns to save Teshigawara and Yuuya from the owner's wife. Akazawa tries to kill Mei, but Kouichi saves her. Akazawa is killed by the curse, but not before she regains her memory of meeting Kouichi.

Mei then continues with her plan to kill the dead person, warning Kouichi not to follow her. He follows anyway, and she finally reveals that the teacher Mikami is the extra. Kouichi refuses to believe her at first, but he realizes that she is telling the truth and kills Reiko himself.

Alright, so that part about Reiko actually being Mikami...how did I miss that? Was that scene actually there? I know the scenes with the grandparents were there, but I can't remember that scene with Reiko telling Kouichi to always call her Mikami at school. Personally, I think this show is exponentially better if that scene wasn't there. I know that if it was there, I would have probably figured it out a while ago. I know that a lot of people were suspecting, but I always put her aside because she wasn't involved with Class 3.

I really like how they ended the series, with Class 3 leaving a recording similar to Matsunaga's to warn later classes. I like that they didn't try to erase the curse in some way and that the curse persists. I think that's how a show like this should end. It was definitely fun to watch and a lot of fun to theorycraft in my posts. I'll review the show as a whole later. Probably need to rewatch the first few episodes first to find that scene...

Edit: Okay, so I checked the first episode and that bit where Reiko says "the fourth thing" is interrupted. She continues on in this episode telling Kouichi not to call her Reiko. I haven't checked any other episodes, but I feel like that's proof enough for me that she never tells him this before this week. If someone wants to tell me otherwise, please let me know...I really want to know this.

Posted in: Another

anime another

• Tene Robert

March 26, 2012, 4:41 p.m.

I just rewatched the first two episodes looking for clues about Reiko. There was nothing except for one thing that I noticed. Kouchi didn't tell the anyone that Ms.Mikami was actually Reiko. He was asked by Mochizuki what he thinks of her. He simply said he doesn't know how to answear that. Also, indeed Reiko did tell Kouchi not to call her that. But I still couldn't find anything that would make me suspicious of her.

I was expecting the dead person to be a student. I was surprised when I found out that it was actually Ms.Mikami!

March 26, 2012, 4:43 p.m.

There were definitely things that made her suspicious, but I always discounted her because I didn't think she was in the class.

March 26, 2012, 6:16 p.m.

I vaguely remember the Reiko teacher situation being explained to Koichi but I'm not sure when. Maybe someone else explained it to me.

Leaving the recording was a good way to end the series. I waiting until the credits finished because I had a feeling something would happen right at the end.

March 26, 2012, 6:17 p.m.

So far, I haven't been able to find anything linking Reiko with Mikami...

AceRailgun

March 26, 2012, 6:49 p.m.

Hmmmm. I may have to look into this.

March 26, 2012, 6:50 p.m.

We need someone to analyze every minute of every episode >.> Normally, that would be the sort of thing I do, but who has the time?

• GoodbyeNavi

March 27, 2012, 10:36 p.m.

I wish I could remember how I knew that they were one in the same. Maybe it was the episode in which they met the guy who hid the tape. I also think the librarian brought it up as well in the episode where Mei and Kouchi were in the library. He mentioned that he didn't understand why they made her assistant homeroom teacher again. Not to mention, they looked exactly the same, she just wore her hair differently at school and took off her glasses.

So who's going to find it? :)

March 27, 2012, 10:38 p.m.

yeah...they looked the same, but I was trying not to jump to a conclusion. I felt like there were clues, but there wasn't ever really confirmation...Too much work for me to check everything