Rinne no Lagrange Episode 11

Continuing from last week, Vox Aura starts to activate, also transmitting Madoka's thoughts to Lan and Muginami. The two start to fight as Madoka reaches Pharos. Muginami faces off against Villagiulio while Lan faces off against a mass of Ovids. A group also splits off to attack Pharos. Meanwhile, Yoko tells Asteria that while the humans who left Earth saw Vox as a demon, those that stayed on Earth had no such belief.

She manages to convince Asteria to allow Madoka to fight. The enemy fires their giant laser at the town, but they are protected by the three brothers, who have chosen to fight with Asteria. One of the enemy Ovids crashes on the school ground, injuring Yoko, which causes Madoka to lose it as the episode ends.

Focusing everything on Lan? So cruel! Still, most of what happened this episode was predictable. As expected, the evil interpretation of the Vox weapons is a discrepancy in historical interpretation. Also, the brothers have joined the good guys as we all knew would happen. I'd say the battle scenes were kinda underwhelming in the beginning, but Vox Aura's fighting was pretty cool. Also Muginami vs. Villagiulio was decent, I guess. I'm curious to see how things end up next week...we might actually find out what this Rinne thing is. It's also the last episode, so hopefully the series ends strong.

March 18, 2012, 5:14 p.m.

I wonder if these Ovids were manned. In that case wouldn't that make Madoka a murderer at young age? :|

March 18, 2012, 5:16 p.m.

They were shouting out names when Lan was shooting them down, right? I would assume they're manned. Plus...doesn't anime logic always force you to ignore that little aspect?

March 18, 2012, 5:19 p.m.

Well, normally yes I would just ignore it. In this case I stopped a bit and thought about it and well it's a bit sad...:|

March 18, 2012, 5:29 p.m.

ehh...I stopped really thinking about that after watching Gundam enough...you got a kid like Flit Asuno or Kira Yamato killing people no problem.

March 18, 2012, 5:30 p.m.

lol, true enough. My only experience with Gundam is Gundam 00 atm...:D

March 18, 2012, 5:32 p.m.

Well, same with like Saji Crossroad or something...still killing people

Cratex

March 18, 2012, 6:14 p.m.

Not as I see it. This is war, and the three girls are soldiers fighting enemy soldiers intent on hurting them. War in and of itself does not make killing right or wrong (and is an argument I don't want to get into), but it does mean they are not murderers.

• Rei (@wanabrarcom)

March 20, 2012, 10:42 a.m.

Seriously best thing that had ever happened in this season is this episode. I'm quite pleased with the progress and I didn't actually expect anything accept for the 3 brothers to join the good ones. It was intense and just amazing. Whenever I watch an anime I don't really like to guess or predict stuff. So yeah didn't predict this stuff to really happen.

I just hope the rinne is something that is used for good. It does has it's side effect but I just hope the rinne thing doesn't effect other people because Madoka is going to be screwed if that turns out and I think it won't happen because when we saw the blue flower blossom it actually kills the bad guys.

March 20, 2012, 10:57 a.m.

Don't predict? O.o What do you do with your brain while you're watching???

I'm sure the Rinne thing is some sort of mechanic that seems to be doing something harmful, but they later find out that it's actually helping or it can be harnessed to help or something. I would assume that's normally how this sort of thing works.