Persona 4 Episode 23

After Nanako's death last week, everyone goes to see Namatame, and find that he is appearing on the Midnight Channel. The group starts to split into those who want vengeance and those against them. Yu tries to throw Namatame into the TV, but is stopped by a memory of Nanako, choosing instead to find the truth. Strangely, Kuma goes missing, but everyone else re-examines the case.

They realize that the letter Yu received could not have come from Namatame, as he believed he was saving people. They go to hear Namatame's story, and he reveals that the first two deaths were not his doing. Meanwhile, Kuma disappears into the fog, which somehow brings Nanako back to life. The episode ends with Naoto re-evaluating the case, and Yu finally realizing who the culprit is.

Margaret's social link is so random...what the heck? Yu goes to sleep...Congratulations! You got my Arcana! O.o Anyways, woohoo...Nanako's alive. Crisis averted. I like how Yu's character was handled in this episode. He manages to put on the facade of calm with Namatame, despite breaking down when everyone leaves. Yosuke also comes back to comfort him. Unfortunately, this scene tells me that Yu will have an undecided ending, love-wise. If Yosuke's there being a bro, then Yu's not gonna choose a girl...that's so disappointing, but a kinda expected. If you want to choose a girl, I guess you should just play the game.

Let's talk ending. I have to say, I'm getting more and more anxious about it. I saw that there are 25 episodes slated, so that leaves two more. Does that mean true route will be resolved in one episode? Or will the battle next week only take half the episode. I really hope they don't rush the ending too much...it might end up hurting the series a lot. I definitely look forward to the end, but I hope it works out. I really hope they don't just end it with this arc and save true route as some unreleased episodes later down the line or something.

March 18, 2012, 4:47 p.m.

That second image would make the greatest motivational poster.

It's a shame Yu didn't get paired up with one of the girl but I guess that was to be expected.

March 18, 2012, 5:04 p.m.

Solving the mystery...One beef bowl at a time. You can do it too!

• tsurugiarashix

March 18, 2012, 4:57 p.m.

Same. Very anxious about how it will end, but thinking about the game events they might can wrap everything up in two episodes without rushing.

Ep 24: Name and fight the culprit - Christmas Event (might be skipped) - Yu and Co realize that [spolier]....true route begins.

Ep 25 (final): Yu meets with all the SL he has made so far and heads to "". Yu and Co [spolier] and finally end the case - true route ends/series end.

Might be similar to that if I remember the events correctly. It is possible, but they will be cutting it close either way.

On side note: Yu finished the rainy day special! Had to do that during the second playthrough, since it was near impossible for me to max out all the status during the first without a game faq guide.

March 18, 2012, 5:05 p.m.

I guess it could work...maybe I'm just being too much of a worrywart...I just want this show to be good >.>

Yeah...I think I had to do that on my second playthrough too

• Yerocha

March 19, 2012, 3:19 a.m.

Yosuke ending confirmed!

I thought it was a little weird that Margaret just suddenly introduced her own Social Link. I know it was in the game, and I didn't know how they would handle it, but I expected a little more than that.

March 19, 2012, 5:50 p.m.

I lol'd at "Margaret social link". he just got the card from thin air?! :P