Guilty Crown Episode 13

So everything's cooled down since last week. Two weeks have passed and the Undertakers have split up, with Ayase and Tsugumi joining the school. Shu's classmates propose using the cultural festival to get their minds off things, but Segai has other plans. He sends Daryl to the school covertly to look around. On the day of the festival, Segai gives local gang an Endlave to cause some havoc.

Ayase is still upset at Tsugumi for cutting her connection on the day of Gai's death, as she would have rather she died than Gai. When she snaps at Shu, Shu takes the blame for Gai's death. They are interrupted when the gang attack with the Endlave. Shu tries to get Ayase to safety, but she refuses to run, wanting to fight. Shu draws Ayase's Void and gives it to her, a pair of skates. Shu then teams up with Ayase using Inori's Void to take out the Endlave.

Why does show have such great music? The plot makes me want to kill myself but the music is so amazing. I'm referring, of course, to the new opening and ending themes. Much focus on Ayase and Tsugumi this week. I'm expecting next week to have more focus on Tsugumi, who I expect isn't taking things as well as she seems.

I guess the plot is revamping now that everyone in the school has been put in quarantine. I guess Shu will team up with his classmates and regroup the remnants of the Undertakers to break out or take down Keido or something. I guess it's good there wasn't a Gurren Lagann time skip, but this is still pretty boring. I think I'm watching for the music...I have no clue. What do you guys think? Is this show worth it?

Jan. 19, 2012, 6:20 p.m.

I'm still undecided as to whether or not I like Guilty Crown. It has it's good moments. Ayase with robot legs for example but it is also really annoying somethings. Ayase without legs for example.

I support your idea of Tsugumi getting an episode soon. She'll probably get a void too. Then everyone will team up and break out spreading the virus to the world.

Jan. 19, 2012, 6:20 p.m.

meh...the music makes it seems so much better than it is

• BeldenOtaku

Jan. 19, 2012, 6:29 p.m.

If you'd stop going in thinking it's s, you'd see the plot development (I mean offense, and I apologize for the rant I feel coming). The festival was simply a backdrop to the big unveiling of Shu's power (note the large number of students standing at the windows watching him and Ayase fight the militiamen) and it also led up to Keichi laying it down, he's sealed essentially all of his enemies inside Loop 7, and I imagine at some point he'll make a "it's too dangerous" decree, which'll let him just bomb the s out of it, leaving Shu and friends to save the day once again. It doesn't matter if you didn't like the previous 12 episodes, you have to take each one at face value and not just walk into expecting crap.... Again, sorry for the rant and it wasn't directly aimed at anyone, I just don't like people putting something down when it actually has quite a few good points, despite pre-existing conditions...

BeldenOtaku

Jan. 19, 2012, 6:35 p.m.

Sorry, should say "I mean no offense"...I shouldn't type when I'm excited...

Jan. 19, 2012, 7:35 p.m.

No offense taken, buddy. I'm just looking forward and my brain is coming up with a lot of possibilities. If I don't see them, then I won't have as much of a problem, but if Gai's death was so obvious, then some of the stuff I'm calling is probably gonna happen too. I know I might be coming down as a bit harsh, but the fact that I'm still watching it means that I don't flat out hate it. Also, it's hard for me as a person to take each episode as it comes because I like a show with a strong opening and a strong ending, so if the opening is weak, I'm usually very wary about the rest.

Jan. 19, 2012, 7:42 p.m.

Similarly to what I said in the protagonists post, I don't really like the idea of someone who is unique in that just having a power alone isn't enough for them to be great. So the random group of kids that saves the world isn't exactly my favorite lineup in the world. I really don't mean to come off as so harsh because I don't like to rag on anime so much.

BeldenOtaku

Jan. 19, 2012, 9:12 p.m.

Yeah, I've cooled down and I can see how being wary after that front-end should be advisable. Maybe I'm just optimistic, but I really do want Guilty Crown to live up to some of my expectations, right now, that just means a strong ending.

Jan. 20, 2012, 1:55 a.m.

Ayase in "Shu, bear my child" mode?! I preferred her in the "steel woman" mode...:|

• tsurugiarashix

Jan. 20, 2012, 10:37 p.m.

Well, no time skip, which I guess is something to thankfully for in way, but the appeal and what it is trying to do is lost on me. Guess that is my fault for expecting too much from this. Shallow as it might be, I am only sticking around to see how it ends since I am this far into it and of course, the music.

• Rei

Jan. 21, 2012, 8:14 a.m.

I was going to stop blogging about this anime, but the music is what keeps me going.The plot seems nice for some reason, I don't know why. It could turned out very good or maybe worst. But i'll keep watching it until the end. No turning back now since I've started episode 13. I was thinking to stop at 12 and pretend that there was no more episode after that.

The series is so good, that it’s so bad, that it’s so good.