Winter Season Thoughts

With the fall season coming to a close, I believe it's time to take a look at the winter season and gives some thoughts the same way that I did for the fall season before. So what do I think?

• Kyousogiga: First thing I see is Kugimiya Rie...That actually hold a lot of weight for some reason. "Kuro Usagi" <--- please don't be like ItsuTen...I can't go through that again.
  • Busou Chuugakusei Basketarmy: 3 minutes episodes...probably not gonna post about it, but will likely watch because of the minimal commitment needed.
  • Gundam Seed HD: WOOT! I haven't decided whether to post about this. I'm not sure if they're releasing the same episodes with better resolution or if they're going to change the scenes a bit. Still, I know what's going to happen in the show, so I don't really see the point of making posts.
  • New Prince of Tennis: Will be watching, but whether or not I post about it depends on reader opinions.
  • Recorder to Randoseru: Random slice of life means probably no posts about it just because of how hard it is to comment about it.
  • High School DxD: I think this is the Maken-Ki of this season, which probably means I'll pass.
  • Area no Kishi: Sports anime about football (soccer for my American visitors). Looks kinda interesting, so I'll give it a shot (get it? I'm so funny).
  • Zero no Tsukaima F: YES!!
  • Daily Lives of High School Boys: Generic title aside, this is looking like Kimi to Boku.
  • Another: Looks very supernatural. I think it'll be interesting. Will probably pick this one up.
  • Rinne no Lagrange: Ehh? What is this premise? Why am I intrigued?
  • Black Rock Shooter: Probably gonna post about this show. Moving on...
  • Kill Me Baby: Whaa?? I feel like I shouldn't ask what this is.
  • Mouretsu Pirates: Pirates have never really been my thing, but I guess I could give it a try.
  • Inu x Boku SS: Uhh...looks interesting?
  • Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!: Random comedy. Gonna watch, but not sure about posting.
  • Brave 10: This one actually looks very interesting. Probably gonna follow it.
  • Senhime Zesshou Symphogear: Looks like mecha? I like mecha >.>
  • Nisemonogatari: Do you even have to ask?
  • Ano Natsu de Matteru: Don't foresee posts on this show yet, but that may change.

These shows aside, we also have the much anticipated K-ON! and .hack movies which will be coming out, and I will definitely have reviews for them. I might also poke fun at the Sacred Seven movie. And naturally, I will be continuing with fall shows like Persona 4 and Guilty Crown.

Question for you: What do you guys all think of the next season? What will you be watching? What will you be making fun of me for watching?

Dec. 25, 2011, 3 p.m.

Still not sure about what watching and what not apart from the classic choices (Nisemonogatari, Zero no Tsukaima, etc...). We'll see after a couple of episodes I suppose...:P

Dec. 26, 2011, 4:19 a.m.

watch everything like me!

Dec. 25, 2011, 5:17 p.m.

This is the first season in years I haven't got all hyped up about, I'm only really interested in 2 or 3 things. I'll be watch the first few episodes of most of the comedy stuff to see if it is any good.

Dec. 26, 2011, 4:18 a.m.

yeah...I know what you mean...nothing really pops out at you

still, we've got some stuff carrying over from fall...guess it should be fine

• TheJester

Dec. 29, 2011, 7:09 p.m.

Right now the ones I'm most interested in are Another and obviously Nisemonogatari. Why would I not watch the sequel to my favorite anime? Another because I love horror.

As for everything else there are ones that look promising.

Kyousogiga - I'm interested because it looks unique. A strange Alice in Wonderland feel. Rinne no Lagrange - Worth a shot, seems interesting enough BRS - Although i didn't like the OVA I liked it enough to pick up the short series. Plus the animation and soundtrack were awesome. Mouretsu Pirates - Pirates and space are all that was needed to get me interested. Ano Natsu de Matteru - A romance, I have to at least give it a look see. Sadly after Toradora no romance seem to live up to my standards.

Everything else seems decent and I'll give them a shot.

• Justin

Dec. 31, 2011, 2:57 a.m.

You might be surprised at the difference (and I say might because it could turn out differently) between Kimi to Boku and Daily Lives of High School Boys.

Dec. 31, 2011, 3:07 a.m.

O.o do you know something I don't??

Justin

Dec. 31, 2011, 3:34 a.m.

Well, I'm like 75% sure because I watched the first 3 eps of Kimi and I was pleased. But A)watching the preview and B)knowing who the Director is (directed Gintama and School Rumble) of Daily Lives, I'm most likely going to be cracking up as it's probably going to take itself less seriously.