Fate/Zero Episode 12

So, Maiya suspects that Assassin is truly dead this time, and Tokiomi seems to suggest similarly. Kiritsugu ponders over the events of the Grail, concluding that Kirei's actions only make sense if he were targeting Kiritsugu, so he would have to know Kiritsugu is the true master of Saber.

Meanwhile, Saber and Irisviel are relocated to a new base of operations (I wonder if it's the same house Shirou had...that storehouse looks kinda familiar). Saber notices that Iris is acting strange, and she reveals that she barely has any strength left.

Gilgamesh continues to talk with Kirei, revealing to him the interest he has placed in Berserker and Kariya, and the Command Seals reappear on Kirei's hand as they are talking. I'm sure we know what this means.

So I hate to say it, but this episode sets Iris up to die, possibly even next week. Also, not that much action this week again. This is probably a sort of "calm before the storm" setup that will allow for an action-packed climax next week (at least, I'm hoping). So...how many Servants will be taken out next week? Anyone wanna venture a guess?

• Zammael

Dec. 17, 2011, 6:45 p.m.

I'm hoping nobody gets axed next week. The more servants/masters the closer we get to the finish line, the better.

Fate/Zero is pulling off what Mirai Nikki fails -- a battle royal that doesn't simply go through the motions of a formulaic presentation & elimination of each participant.

The return of command seals to the least enthusiastic master was a fantastic twist.

Dec. 17, 2011, 7:12 p.m.

probably true, but I'm guessing that at least one Servant gets axed next week

well, we knew Kirei had to come back into the picture from Fate/Stay Night

Complaint

Dec. 18, 2011, 2:14 a.m.

I have the exact opposite take. People die in wars, people dying make wars believable and real, the lack of death feels unrealistic and forced especially for such a dark anime. Putting all of the death near the end is also unrealistic and makes all previous battles pointless. Personally I can not take any battle royal seriously if after numerous battles no one dies and then suddenly drop like flies near the end.

• xyshtoph

Dec. 17, 2011, 7:01 p.m.

I'd bet on either Caster, Lancer or both: Cancer.

Dec. 17, 2011, 9:05 p.m.

Someone will get axed and I feel it will by Saber's hands or at least she will be present to see it happen.

• tsurugiarashix

Dec. 18, 2011, 12:15 a.m.

Caster better be the first one voted off the...I erm I mean killed off. Thought the plan was originally for all the Masters to cease combat to Ice him...

Dec. 18, 2011, 3:36 a.m.

Lol'd hard at Kirei in that pose...:P

Both Caster and Lancer at once...:D