Alright, time for some quick impressions of the shows for next season. As usual, I won’t be going over every single show on the chart because that would be cumbersome and there will be a tl;dr summary at the bottom of the bulleted list.
- Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou – This one sounds suspiciously similar to Sakurasou, so I’ll probably stay away from it.
- Akuma no Riddle – I have no idea what to make of this one. It sounds like it should be a reverse harem, but…they’re all girls. That worries me.
- Blade and Soul – I’ve had some history with a couple of Korean MMORPGs, so I might be willing to give this a shot. But an MMORPG’s strong point isn’t the story, so I don’t have any high hopes.
- Mushishi: Zoku-Shou – I’ve only seen one episode of the first season, so I won’t finish it before this one starts. That being said, I’ve heard a lot of great things about this show, so I’m probably going to make it a bit of a priority. I’ll try to pick up the second season when I can get through the first one.
- Kenzen Robo Daimidaler – I feel like I have to resist the urge to watch this one.
- Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei – I read the manga for this one and it’s fairly interesting. I feel the main character is a pretty interesting character, the kind of character I would make. I’d be willing to give it a try.
- Seikoku no Dragonar – I feel like I avoided reading the manga for this show for a reason…
- Captain Earth – Sure, why not? Always need to have a mecha show every season, right?
- Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii – A long synopsis that doesn’t sound very interesting.
- Gokukoku no Brynhildr – I remember seeing the manga for this show, but not reading it. I wonder what the reason was…I might be willing to give this show a try, but no promises.
- Broken Blade – I never watched the original Break Blade movies, but I find the concept interesting. I’ll probably end up covering this to see what it’s like.
- Isshuukan Friends – Looks like standard romance.
- Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara – Looks super dangerous.
- Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to – I read the manga for this…that’s probably enough for me.
- Soul Eater Not – I didn’t even like the original Soul Eater that much and this has half the action…
- Black Bullet – I liked the manga for this show. Post-apocalyptic shows tend to be fun. My main concern is that I’m not entirely confident there’s enough material to cover.
- No Game, No Life – The first chapter of the manga caught my attention, but it didn’t really go anywhere interesting. There aren’t many chapters translated, though, so I don’t have a good impression.
- Hitsugi no Chaika – I might be willing to give this a try.
- Sidonia no Kishi – Another mecha? Decision time…
- Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka – Doesn’t sound too interesting.
- Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin – Uhh…
- Escha & Logy no Atelier – I never made it too far in the Atelier series because I found the gameplay clunky. This isn’t a game, so it might be okay?
- Date A Live 2 – hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha no
- Mekaku City Actors – The first few chapters of the manga weren’t bad.
- M3 Sono Kuroki Hagane – It looks like this is an anime original series. It could be worth a shot.
- Monogatari Hanamonogatari – PASS.
Probably covered – Captain Earth/Sidonia no Kishi (one of those), Broken Blade, Black Bullet, Hitsugi no Chaika/Gokukoku no Brynhildr (probably choosing one of those)
Might be covered and probably going to watch – Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Atelier Escha & Logy, Mekaku City Actors, M3 Sono Kuroki Hagane
Might be watched/followed and probably not covered – No Game No Life, Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to, Soul Eater Not, Mushishi S2, Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin, Blade and Soul
Not interested – Date A Live 2, Hanamonogatari, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka, Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara, Akuma no Riddle, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou